Chapter 10

Lily stumbled back as the bang sounded. Removing her hand from where the bullet hit, she grinned to see the vest had done its job. Dylan huddled in the corner. He didn't see her face, and that was good. 

Lily knew it was best he didn't know who she was. The young Viper agent seemed frozen with confusion. But he regained his composure and turned back to Dylan. Lily leapt at him just as his finger rests on the trigger.

Forcing him to bent backwards, Lily closed her eyes as another bullet shot through the roof. "P-please...." Dylan pressed closer to the wall. Lily melted as she saw pure fear in his eyes.  Pulling the agent out of the room, Lily proceeded to pound at him.

The agent was well equipt, as well as skilled. Sounds of yelling and crashing reached both their ears as Jack fought anther agent away from Mrs. Tanner. She stood in the corner as Jack battled to free the large hunting knife from the agent's grip.

Once he had the other agent on the run, Jack turned to the sounds of crashing and punches. Lily had her hands full with a boy about her size. She finally kicked him in the shin, causing him to slash a knife at her before taking off.

Lily turned as the knife flew at her, barely missing it as it sliced her cheek. her hair was mess. Bruises were all over her, and blood ran from a cut on her lip.

Jack sighed. "How am I going to explain this to Alex?" he thought. Lily made her way over to him and smiled a little. "job done well." He smiled back. 

"Hello?" They turned as Dylan ran to his mother hugging her tight. "Are you alright?" She asked, feeling his face. "I'm fine mom..." The both turned to look at their heroes, but they had disappeared. 

Lily winced as Jack drove the car. "Did he hurt you?" Jack asked. Lily glanced at him with an "Are you serious?" Look. "Sorry...." He focused on the road and pulled up in The Hamato's driveway. 

"Are you going to be ok?" He asked. Lily smiled. She had cleaned the blood from her mouth and cheek. A few bruises remained but it was not as bad as it looked. "I'll be Fine, Uncle Jack." she entered the house and fell into her bed, glancing at the clock which read 4:02. 

Lily sighed and winced as she sat up. Her side ached. The guy had driven his elbow in hard. No ribs were broken, but her side had to be bruised up badly. How ould she go to school like this? How could she face her mother?

How could she? "Oh hey mom. Uncle Jack and I went out at 1:00 am to fight bad guys, and we were almost killed. No biggie." No that would not work. Lily sighed and pulled the gun from her pocket. She had forgotten it was there. 

She hadn't needed to use it. But she knew she had better keep it. Something told her this wasn't the end. Only just the beginning. 

*********

Her alarm didn't wake her up, so, her father did. "Lily. Lily, time to get up." Raph shook his daughter's shoulder. Lily blinked her eyes open. The memories from early that morning returned to her. 

"Lily....what does the world happen to you?" Raphael was astonished at his daughter's face which looked like she had been in a really bad fight. "I-It's nothing." She mumbled and dove back under the covers. 

"Lily you need to tell me, now." Lily sighed and sat up. She told her dad everything. From her Uncle Jack recruiting her, too early that morning. "Wow." he father scratched his chin. "You are lucky your mom is out at work."

"She is?" Lily asked. He nodded. "She got a call this morning and left. I also found Buck on his floor mumbling something about....a party?" Lily shook her head. "He went out to a party last night and...came home drunk."

Raph's eyes widened. "He's only 15!" "That's what I said!" Raph shook his. "I'll have to have a word with your mom about him. I won't tell her about you and Jack though. She would get too protective and upset." 

Lily nodded. "Thanks, dad." He nodded and gave her a hug. "No problem kiddo. Come on downstairs. Breakfast is ready."

As Lily entered the school, she was met with raised eyebrows and whispering stares. "Lily!" She turned to see Maddie jogging, pushing her glasses up as usual. "Did you hear? Brayden and his gang are missing two members!"

Lily raised an eyebrow. "Jenna and Lisa?" Maddie rolled her eyes as if Lily were the dumbest person in history. "No silly, Greg and Buck, your brother." Lily stopped. "Wait...what? Buck was in their group?" 

Maddie nodded. "Greg was arrested last night for theft, and No one knows where Buck is." "Yeah, where is my bro man." Both girls turned to see Brayden. His blonde hair slick and spiky as usual. 

Lily folded her arms. "He is at home due to......sleepyness. She didn't want word to spread around school that her brother had been drinking underage.

Brayden nodded, a small grin on his face. "He had fun last night he did." Lily felt like punching him. What was he turning her brother into? Buck was in with the wrong crowd and he knew it, Brayden knew it. 

Lily shoved past the muscular boy and went to class. "Hey, Lily." Lily turned to see Jayden. "Hi, Jayden." "What happened to your face?" He asked. Lily searched her brain for an excuse. "I was biking at the skate park and fell into the concrete."

"stupid, stupid, stupid." She thought. That was a stupid excuse. But Jayden seemed to take it. "Alright. be careful next time." He winked and sat back. It was then that Lily noticed a bruise on his arm, and face. 

Not as noticeable as hers but still she noticed them. Where had he gotten them? She had to know. Actin like she was positioning her desk, Lily pushed her chair leg into his shin. Not hard, but just enough to make him notice. 

His leg twitched as if in pain, but he smiled. "Careful." She smiles back and nodded. "Sorry." Lily's mind raced. "He can't be the Viper agent...can he?"

Yet another glorious cliff hanger! What do you guys think?! Can Jayden be trusted?! Once again, Happy new Year, and hope you enjoy this chapter!