Chapter 22

Lily's POV.

I flipped through my phone, looking at pictures we had taken together. Dylan had been so silly and cute when I took pictures. I smiled a little at one where he was acting normal so I snapped a pic of him just as he turned. Then he acted all cool. 

 It was the day of the funeral

 It was the day of the funeral. I didn't want to go. How could I? Dylan's death was my fault. I sat on top of a tall building and looked out over the city. Everyone would be there. I didn't want to be met with more pain.

I hung my head and sighed. It had been weeks since.....it happened. I would never forgive myself. I clutched the Jade necklace he left me tightly. It was so precious to him...Why would he give it to me?

I thought for a while. Uncle Jack had said something about something special his father left him. Was.........was this it? I pulled it off my neck and stared at it. It looked normal to me...

I held it up to the light and squinted. I looked down at the ground. A very faint but noticeable sparkle showed on the ground. Brought out by the sun shining through the stone. It looked like.....some sort of code or something of the like.

I turned the jade in different directions, the code deformed and reformed into more complicating. I twisted the jade more and more till I could see the code clearly. I studied it, but got nothing out of it. 

I was sure Uncle Jack had something to help with that at his office at headquarters. I tucked the jade under my shirt and sighed. It didn't matter. I didn't want to know, anyways. It would be more problems for me. 

I looked over at the setting sun, and looked down. Standing up, I turned and went home, a thought raging in my head. 

Alex's POV.

 The front door opened and Lily trudged in. "Hey, honey. You ok?"  I asked, setting down a file Jack had brought. I was still angry at him for bringing my daughter into the agency. But She needed me now. 

"Lily?" She didn't answer and pushed past Buck who was walking out with his basketball in his arm. He growled and grabbed her shoulder. "Just because your boyfriend left you doesn't mean you have to be a Grinch to everyone!"

Lily froze in her tracks. "Buck!" I started towards him, but Lily turned and grabbed him by his throat. "Shut up." She hissed. Buck began to panic. I'd never seen Lily like this before.

Her eyes held pain, and sadness, but also anger. Towards herself mostly. Buck's comment just fed the fire in her heart. "Lily, let him go." I ordered. She dropped him and went up to her room. "What's wrong with her?" Buck asked, rubbing his throat.

I sighed. "Just leave her alone." I hoped Lily would heal from her heartbreak soon.