Chapter 11

I think I might keep this 3rd person for a while. :)

A few days later Lily began to worry. Dylan had not shown up at their usual meeting place. He had been not answering her texts and calls. She began to worry if he was still in town. Hands in her pocket's, Lily strolled down the streets.

He mind drifted here and there. A couple of looks should have made her smile or move faster, but she didn't notice it at all. All of a sudden she found herself in front of Mrs. Tanner's Cafe. 

Walking in, Lily looked around. Business was as usual. Lily reached the counter and an employee smiled, and walked up. "Can I help you?" Lily nodded. "I hope so. Do you know if Mrs. Tanner is here? or her son?" 

The Employee shook her head. "No, sorry. Mrs. Tanner said she was taking a few sick days. Her son too." Lily nodded and thanked the employee. 

Finally Lily decided to their house. Even though it was farther and took longer by foot, Lily didn't mind. A friend had to be a friend. What her Uncle Jack had said rang in her mind. "You are to protect! Not to be googly eyes for him!"

With a deep breath, Lily rang the door bell. She waited. She had met Mrs. Tanner before so she wasn't a stranger in the home. No one answered. Strange Their car was in the driveway. Lily knocked over and over. 

Finally, the door opened, and a pyjama wearing, young boy stood there. A toothbrush in his mouth, and his hair like he just rolled out of bed. "Lily?" He mumbled. "Nice to see you too, Dylan." Lily laughed awkwardly. 

"Can I come in?" Dylan nodded and let her inside, glancing around the neighbourhood before closing the door. "Lily? Oh, how are you dear?" Mrs. Tanner walked in from the kitchen. "Hello Mrs. Tanner, I'm alright."

Dylan ran to go get dressed and do his hair. When he came down he saw his mother and Lily chatting. "How come I don't see you around?" Lily sat at the kitchen table, as Mrs. Tanner offered her freshly baked cookies. 

"I've....been busy." Dylan mumbled, pulling his hood over his head, and sitting across from her. "Dylan Hyung Tanner!" His mother exclaimed. "What have I told you about hats, and hoods on in the house?"

"Sorry.." He removed his hood. "Yeah, Dylan I like your hair. Stop hiding it!" Lily laughed and tussled his soft brown hair. He cracked his adorable smile. Dylan stared into her eyes. Her beautiful eyes that seemed to change from green to blue.

Then he noticed. A faded scar on her left cheek. A dark patch on her bottom lip that looked like....dried blood? Where had that happened to her? C-could she be one of the ones who had attacked him and his mother the other night?

No impossible. And They had been saved. By two people. He hadn't gotten a good look at them, but he was sure the one who had saved his life had been a female. The other was an older man. He hadn't seen their faces. Neither had his mom.

But Lily was his best friend? Could she really be in on what had happened that night? If so, who was the older guy? He was still a bit shaken up though. 

"L-Lily?" he asked. "Mhm?" She brushed off cookie crumbs from her mouth and turned to him. "WH-where were you about...four nights ago?" Lily's stomach did flips. He was suspicious. How could she get out of this?

"I was....sleeping, like every night." She took a bite of another cookie. "Where were you?" He looked at his hands. "H-here...What happened to your face and lip?" Lily almost choked. If he thought she was one of the attackers.....their friendship would be over.

"Oh, I was doing BMX trick at the part with my bike, and fell. I crashed onto the concrete." He nodded. Dylan sighed a little. It was pretty believable. But something in her voice told him she was hiding something.

But Dylan trusted Lily. She was his best friend. His only friend. His star in a galaxy of millions. His one and only. His-Dylan shook his head. Why was he having these thoughts?!

 He sighed. What was he to do? His heart did laps around his chest every time she touched him. The way she smiled made his heart melt. She was.....amazing...But there was a problem.

He was a freak. A boy being chased by evil spies. How could he bring her into that? He couldn't. But it was magical. Whenever he saw her, whenever their eyes locked......like it was meant to be....Was it?

Here you go, another chapter. Hope you enjoy it!