Chapter 14

Lily POV.

It had been exactly two days since Uncle Jack had broken the bad news. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. Still! My mom had quit. I had a problem of problems. Dylan was almost always on my mind. 

How could I leave him? He was my best friend. The one I always looked for when I needed a shoulder to cry on. And now. he was the one I was falling fast for. I grunted in frustration and banged my head on my desk.

"Miss Hamato, is there a problem?" Mrs. Grustly asked, glancing down at me over her glasses. "Is my class boring perhaps?" I cleared my mind, and shook my head. "No ma'am." She huffed and went back to teaching. 

I sighed and scribbled in my book. this day was boring as ever. When I got home, I went straight to my room and packed my bag. 

Extra Jacket? Check.

Extra clothes? Check.

Gun? Check.

Knife? Check.

Medicals? Check.

My phone? Check.

And last, me. Double Check.

I zipped my bag shut, and turned. Buck stood in my doorway. "What do you want?" I asked, slipping on my shoes and tying the laces. "Where are you going?" I rolled my eyes. "Like I'm telling you."

He folded his arms. "If you're not coming back, can I have your room?" He stared at him, in disgust. "No. I am coming back. I'm just going on a small camping trip with....Maddie." He shook his head and took a bite of a pizza. 

Ew. Where had he gotten it from? "I know your not going with Maddie. You're going with Uncle Jack." I breathed a sigh of relief. "Why do you think that?" I asked, standing. It was his turn to roll his eyes. 

"You are always having outings with him." I nodded. "True enough." "Can I come?" I laughed. "Not a chance, bro." I slung my pack over my shoulder and walked up to him. He was a pain in my butt, but he was my little brother. 

Kissing his head, I gave him a hug. "I'll see you in a while." I walked down the stairs and took a glance at mom dozing on the couch. Papers upon papers lay on the table. I sighed and wrote a small note to mom. 

Dear mom,

Uncle Jack and I are going on a small camping trip. We are going fishing and other fun things. Don't worry, I won' be gone forever. We'll be back. Love you!

Love~Lily

I posted it on the fridge and left the house. The smell of fresh air reached my nostrils as I breathed in. I opened the door to the garage and lifted the tent bag. lugging it to my car, I popped the trunk, and tossed it in. 

Hopping into the driver's seat, I flung my pack into the back seat and sighed. "Sorry, Uncle Jack." I thought. I was not abandoning Dylan. I was going to keep him safe. Even if that meant my own life on the line. 

I made up the camping trip as a cover story. I was going to keep the Tanner family safe, if it was the last thing I did. Pulling out into the street, I sighed, and drove towards my best friend's house. 

Pain. That was all I felt as the sound of breaking glass filled my ears. My hand lifted to the side of my neck. Warm red liquid ran from where the bullet grazed me. The bullet had gone through the windshield.

"So much for not damaging the car, Uncle Jack." I sped up trying to lose the black van on my tail. Another shot shattered the glass of the windshield. Glass cut into my hands and arms, but I dared not release the wheel.

A couple shouts were heard, but I ignored them. This maniac attacked me in daylight? Risky. Then again, according to Uncle Jack. they were desperate. This was not just revenging on Dylan's father, but they were looking for something valuable he left with Dylan.

I contemplated what to do. I could jump, and abandon the car, to face these goons face to face, or I could keep going and bring the fight to Dylan's neighbourhood which was about around the corner.... 

Jump it was. I spun the car around, speeding past the truck, the opposite way. I slammed on the breaks and snatched the pack from the back seat. Jumping out, I was me with three muscle bound dudes barreling toward me.

Their arms were as thick as tree trunks. their smirks were menacing. I pulled the backpack over my shoulders and glared the men in the eyes. Two of them hesitated and seemed intimidated like they weren't used to be stared down.

"You want me?" I returned their smirks. "Then come get me." One growled and charged me. I easily used his own strength against him, shoving him into the wall of a building behind me. The other two looked at each other before attacking.

One managed to chuck me under the jaw, knocking me to the ground. He retreated back while his partner lunged at me. I managed to stand and fend off one of the two remaining agents. 

Finally one remained. It was like an old western. Two gunmen enter. One leaves. This guy was different... His eyes gleamed with more intelligence than the other two. His head tilted to the side before he lunged with amazing speed!

As I countered his attacking blows and kicks, I noticed he was stronger and quicker than the other two. I fell to the concrete, knocking my head against the cold stone. 

The man loomed over me, a dagger in his hand. I moved and tried to roll out of his radar, but the blade caught my shoulder, and I grimaced in pain.

"Scream." He smirked. "It's not like anyone would hear you." We were in al ally now. I tried to control my breathing. The wound in my neck was seeping out more blood than I could hold off. Now a new wound wouldn't help at all.

I had to have a plan. I slid out from under the goon and slammed my elbow into the back if his neck. He went down hard, crumpling up, the light gone from his irises. I didn't care though. I was wounded and needed to get to Dylan's house as soon as possible. 

I stumbled out into the street, clutching my bleeding shoulder. The wound on my neck was numbing and was deep. But it looked worse than it was.

I began to run slash stumble around the block, till I reached the Tanner's humble home. Ringing the doorbell, I leant against the pillar on the patio. The door opened and Mrs. Tanner's eyes widened.

"Lily dear? Wh-what's happened?" Dylan appeared soon enough, his eyes full of worry, and of fear. "L-Lily?" I managed a weak smile. "H-hey, guys...." Then, everything went black.

Ooooooohhhhhhhh, How mysterious!!!!!! Enjoy!!