Awkwardness.

Eddie's P.o.V.:

When I woke up the next morning, I smelled bacon and eggs. Emma was obviously in the kitchen, making breakfast. I crawled out of bed and made my way downstairs. The night before had been amazing and I'm not talking about the sexual part, I'm talking about seeing her again. As I entered the kitchen, I saw her standing in front of the stove, browning some bacon and singing along to a song on the radio. She was too cute, to be honest. Since she was only wearing nightdress, my thoughts got dirty again but I quickly shook them off and walked up to her. With a kiss on the cheek I greeted her and wrapped my arms around her from behind. A smile spread across her face but she kept cooking. I rested my head on her shoulder, just watching her. My thoughts kept going back to the night before. Almost automatically, I started placing kisses on her neck. She giggled and turned around to face me. I was about to kiss her, when the opening front door interrupted me. 

"Knock knock!" Paul's voice echoed through the hallway.

Sighing, I stepped back a little. Her brother greeted me with waving and her with a big hug. He then placed a plate on the kitchen table. It was full of Christmas cookies and gingerbread. Emma immediately walked up to it and grabbed a few cookies. After that, she turned off the stove and put the bacon on three plates. Apparently she had known that Paul was going to come over. I admired her relationship with her brother. They were extremely close, almost inseparable. Seeing them so close made me think about my siblings.

"Orange juice or water?" her voice ripped me out of my thoughts. 

"Water, please." I answered, smiling at her.

Paul helped her carrying all of the stuff to the table, while I sat down at one of the chairs. He and Emma seated themselves opposite from me. I felt awkward, sitting at one table with her brother, when only a few moments before I wanted to do her right on the counter. Gladly, she had ignored it, otherwise he would've walked in on us. They were talking about what had happened after we had left. Apparently their mother had been awfully drunk and had tried to cheat while playing UNO. Since I didn't have to do a lot with her family at that time, I just listened and ate a piece of scrambled egg every now and then.

"What did you guys do last night? I tried calling you." Paul then said, making me choke on the piece of egg in my mouth. 

In that moment, I noticed that I had given Emma a tiny hickey right above her collar bone. How could this get even more awkward? Did he really have to ask? I mean, he was the one that invited me, encouraged me to stay the night at her place. In my opinion, it was obvious that we had slept with each other. Her brother looked at me and started smiling really big. He knew, I bet he did, but he wanted to see what his sister was going to say.

"We watched a movie, listened to some music and then went to bed. Why did you call me? Did something happen?" Emma answered calmly.

"No, I just wanted to make sure that you had a good Christmas."

"I did! Thanks for inviting Eddie. Why did you do it anyways?"

My head snapped up from the plate. That was something I had asked myself over and over, when I had been on the plane. Why had her brother invited me to their family fest anyway? Neither was I related to any of them, nor was I Emma's boyfriend - even though I wished I was.

"You're my little sister, I'd do anything to make you happy. Besides, you kept telling me how much you missed him."

Smiling, she looked down. I swear, I saw her blush bright red. It made me smile that she had missed me. Sure, she had said it a couple of times whenever we were talking on the phone but it was something different, when you heard it in person. 

"Did you have a good Christmas too?" her brother then added, looking at me. 

The awkward feeling just didn't go away. Every time they mentioned the night before, a wave of lust rushed through me. I had expected Emma to have a nice body since she was incredibly fit but it had surpassed all of my expectations. Just the thought of her naked body made me go insane. She looked at me with a foolish grin on her lips, knowing exactly what I was thinking about. 

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me." I answered, smiling.

"You're welcome! Didn't you have a present for her as well?"

At first, I looked at him confused but then I remembered the bracelet I had bought for her. Since we had almost immediately fallen asleep the night before, I had totally forgotten about the actual present. Quickly, I got up from the chair and ran upstairs to get it. My fear was that she wouldn't like it. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed it from my bag and walked back down the stairs. She was looking at me with so much joy in her eyes that my fear of disappointing her got even bigger. Slowly, I handed the little blue velvet box over to her. She carefully took it and opened it very slowly. Her eyes grew big, when she saw it. A smile spread across her face. It was just a simple silver bracelet with a little 'E' as pendant. The letter was supposed to stand for my name but since both of our names started with an E, nobody would've noticed.

"Thank you so much!" she whispered, wrapping her arms around me.

"You're welcome, dear." I answered, returning her hug.

Paul looked at us, smiling. I knew that he was well aware of the relationship - or whatever that was - that we had. Actually, he was the reason why it was working out at that moment and I was incredibly thankful for that. When Emma and I let go from the hug, she kissed my cheek quickly and then asked me to put the bracelet on her arm. 

Later on that day, Emma and I were walking around her neighbourhood. I really liked it; it was very peaceful and the weather was amazing, well, compared to the weather in London. While we were walking, our fingers kept brushing against each other until I grabbed her hand and intertwined hers with mine. Holding hands with her felt so right and I didn't want to leave anymore.