I Just Need One More Shot At Forgiveness.

Why had I been so stupid and cuddle up to Justin in that restaurant? Drunk me always fucked things up and this time I fucked up really bad. I tried to call Eddie the whole morning and after the twentieth call, he blocked my number. Sobbing, I sank to the ground. Paul and Bieber rushed from the living room into my kitchen to see if I had accidentally hurt myself. My brother pulled me into him, while Justin got a glass of water for me. 

"What happened?" he then asked concerned.

"Eddie thinks I have something with you." I managed to say through sobs.

"That ginger guy that was here on Christmas? Are you guys dating or something?"

"No, we are more than friends though."

"Why does he think so?"

I quickly unlocked my phone that was still in my hand and looked for an article of the night before. There were several but only one that had a video attached. Justin read over it carefully and groaned in frustration. Immediately he pulled me into a hug as well. Paul was sitting next to me, thinking about something. After a few seconds, he walked over to the couch where his phone was laying and came back. Obviously, he tried to call Eddie. Luckily, Redmayne picked up the phone. My brother had put the call on speaker, so Justin and I could listen.

"What do you want, Paul?" his voice filled the room.

He was definitely annoyed and also sounded a little bit husky. There was a lot of noise in the background like cars honking and people talking. Obviously, he was somewhere outside.

"I was there last night, nothing happened between them." my brother said calmly.

"You don't have to try and change my mind. I'm done with her." 

The longer he spoke, the more I realized that he was slurring. Apparently, he was on his way home from a bar. Justin kept rubbing my back, while I buried my face in his chest.

"I'm trying to appeal to your sense. You know exactly how the media is. Emma is the most loyal person you can meet. It's your decision but I just want you to know that she doesn't even look at other guys. There were a lot of men trying to get her attention last night but instead of getting drunk and dragging someone off she kept sending you text messages. Just think about that, Eddie."

"Loyal my ass! Wish her and Bieber good luck!"

"Eddie, hear me the fuck out!" 

"Fine. Go on."

"She likes you, okay? You make her the happiest person on earth and she wouldn't ruin something like that on purpose."

"Why are you telling me this? It's not gonna change my mind."

"I want you to understand that she didn't do anything. Justin is like a brother to her, she treats him the way she treats me. Sure, he might be a jerk sometimes but he would never ever start something with her."

"He obviously did."

My brother was a king at reasoning but I had the feeling that Eddie was a tough nut - the most stubborn person I had ever met actually - and that it wouldn't be done with that. Sighing, Justin grabbed the phone from my brother's hand.

"Listen up, Redmayne! All I did was listen to her talk about you. She was drunk and didn't shut up anymore. If I wanted to have her, I'd do a lot more than hugging her."

Eddie didn't say anything for a good two minutes then he sighed loudly, cleared his throat and mumbled something we didn't understand.

"Is she with you guys?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah, she's here."

Justin handed the phone to me, got up from the floor and left the room together with Paul. It was just me and Eddie on the phone. Meanwhile I had calmed myself down and was only sniffing every now and then.

"I'm sorry, I should've listened to you and I should've trusted you." he started.

"It's alright. I probably would've reacted the same way. Anyway, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have drunk so much." I answered, sighing.

"No, it's not alright. I don't even know why I reacted that way. God, I feel so stupid. Maybe it was because you are so far away and I couldn't stand the thought of anyone else but me, holding you close."

"Eddie, are you drunk?" 

"A little tipsy but I mean what I'm saying. Emma, I'm really sorry and as soon as I find the time, I'll come and visit you!"

"No, you don't have to come to the states. There's this new movie I have a role in and it's filmed in London."

"That's fantastic! When does the filming start?"

I was fascinated by the way how quick his mood had changed from mad over regretting to excited. A smile spread across my face as I thought about how he must've looked like in that moment. I imagined his lips in a smile, showing his perfect teeth and his hazel eyes sparkling out of joy.

"In about five weeks but I'm only going to stay for two or three months."

"Splendid! I want you to meet Iris and a few of my friends and we can go to my favourite coffee shop!"

I chuckled at his excitement. It was honestly the cutest thing on earth. Paul came back into the room, signalizing me that he had to go.

"Yeah, we can do that. I gotta go, Paul needs his phone back. Can you unblock my number, please?" 

"Of course! Talk to you later!"

We hung up after that and I immediately wrapped my arms around my brother's neck. He returned the hug and kissed the top of my head. Before he left, he took his phone, put the dirty dishes he had caused into the sink and said goodbye. Justin said goodbye and left as well. I thanked him before he walked down the driveway. As I let myself fall onto the couch, Leo jumped up and rubbed his face against my arm.

Eddie: It was nice to hear your voice.

Emma: Yeah. I really wish you were here tonight.

Eddie: Me too. Can't wait to see you.

Emma: Me neither. 

Eddie: What are you doing today?

Emma: Nothing really. Probably just going to binge watch some TV shows. 

Eddie: Sounds boring. Anyway, I'll try and sleep now. Good night, dear.

Emma: It is... Good night, sleep tight.

Smiling, I started petting my cat. He laid down on my lap purring extremely loud. I had really thought that I had lost him - the only thing that gave me reason to keep going. He was the reason I kept looking forward, he even had been back, when he had been married. The day had gone from the worst day of my life to one of the best.