Chapter 12

Cass

"Thank you, Em. You can put it down, right there.", I tell. 

The omega nods and place the tray of food, drinks and my meds before she bows to me and take her leave from my house. I sigh a little, resting back to the couch and about to slip off to my sleep when suddenly the front door slam open, marching in angry Liam. I sigh quietly, but pretends to be asleep when I smell the air, knowing he's already in the same room with me. I could feel his hard glare burning a hole on me but I don't feel slightly affected. 

"Cass", he call. 

That's when my eyes shot open, glaring him back. Does he know who is he talking to? I'm the Alpha and I may be his mate, but we aren't officially together. In everyone's eyes, we both are nothing. Standing up high on my feets, I glares down at him and watch him whimpering a little. 

"What?!", I spat. 

He jump a little in shock, looking at me in disbelief. I don't want to scared him off, but he is changed person and I don't know how to act. His lips are seal tightly, but his mind are running out of places. I could hear our wolves begging to each other for forgiveness, but neither of us are doing it in real life. Liam are pretty much bruised up and have few cuts from the training he had with Alex. I feel terrible for letting him training with serious Alex 'cause I know he'd be finish with this looks but I have no other options. I can't train him with one good arm and broken ones. I need both for training. Sighing heavily, I drop my head a little and bring my unbroken arm to my face, pinching the bridge of my nose a little. 

"I-I'm sorry, Liam. But if you're mad because of the decision I've made, then I can't help you with anything. Like I said, either I do it or you'll get hurt, even worse, die. You don't like the training, I don't too. You feel the pain, I feel it too. I'm not telling you bullshit story, but you do know that your pain affects the same way to me. Unlike you, when I'm pain, I'm all alone to feel and carries the pain but if you're in pain, I'd be there to feel too. I may not have those bruised face, but I do feel those excruciating pain you felt on your body, face. Also, we aren't mated and found, yet, so you have to call me Alpha Cass, unless you're my Beta, 3rd Command. Now, I'm gonna put this all aside and not to have you punish, you better go back to your room and let Cheryl treats your wounds. She's mad now that you left to see me. She knows what's going on between us, but she isn't going to stop pulling us apart. So, I say go back to her.", I tell. 

My voice are extremely calm, though my deep down I'm actually in lots of pain. Not just the pain that I feel from Alex's hits on Liam but the pain of a heartbroken and alone. It feels like I'm going through the rejection pain phase. Turning my back on him, I just look down to the carpeted floor before I hear him walking away and the door slam back, close. Heavy sigh leaves my mouth and I soon to drop back to my couch, curling up a little. 

"I'm sorry, Love but I have to do this for the sake of us. I want to have us back but I'm too scared that you aren't ready for me. I don't want to get you hurt when you're with me, but I guess it's impossible to be done 'cause no matter what you'll always get hurt even when I'm there or not.", tears well up my eyes. 

Sighing heavily, I begin to wipe it off as I've grown tired of crying. I just stay in my position 'til I slowly fall asleep. I don't know how long I've been dozing off, but I soon to be wake up with loud screaming coming from outside of my house. Panting heavily, I try to breath in the air but I'm too late when the front door being bust down and group of rogues walk into the house. I growls, about to make a move when something sharp poke into my neck, injecting a liquid into my vein. Pain soon to be screaming inside my body, making me collapse to my knees growling I'm trying my best to hold the pain inside me but they won't let me do so, right? One of the rogues stomp his feet onto my casted arm, huge pain begins to shoot all over my body again. I let out the most ear-piercing scream in agony. Tear almost leaks out from my eyes, but I didn't let it out. I pants heavily, hissing painful and realizes how weak my wolf have gone. Of course, they have inject me something with wolfsbane in it. I hear familiar dark chuckles entering my house and I averts my gaze to see Charles walking into my house, smirking to my direction.