Chapter 22

Cass

"Uh, Mum. I've already made myself for next-month checkup, so yeah. It's fine.", I tell. 

Hushing me, she give me a knowing look. I groans, shaking my head once more. I don't want lots of people to know about this 'cause words travel faster than light in medium, like seriously. Sighing heavily, I give my Mum a pleading look. 

"I've gotta to back now. I've a pack need to run. I'll text you when is my appointment and meet you at my pack, before we can go for the checkup together.", I say. 

Sighing next, she look at me for a bit before nodding to me, in defeat. I smile, thanking her before hugging her tightly and kiss her cheek. My brothers still haven't know what is this all about and I've made sure the girls not to break the news yet 'til I'm ready to do it, myself. Walking me to the front hall, there we find my brothers and their mates and Dad waiting for us at the front door. They all have this sad smile, as I'm leaving back to my pack, today. Well, I wish I could stay longer but I can't. I'm the Alpha of my pack and Alex can only stand of ruling them when I'm in a long business trips to other packs. We stop in front of them, before turning to face them. Dad is first to pull me into embrace, pulling me closer before kissing my cheek softly. 

"It's good to have you back, but you're gone so soon. I wish you could've stayed longer.", he mutters. 

I coo, hugging him back tightly before assures him that I'd be spending few nights here, someday. He chuckles, nodding before pulling away from me. Soon, it's my brothers' turns to give me a good, group hug before telling me that they'll miss me in the household. I coo, so does their mates before they all flush and playfully glares at me. 

"Sure, I'd missed you all, too, bro. I mean, it's been awhile we last hang around and did our things.", I smile. 

They all awe's at me, before hugging me once more but this time, tighter than earlier. I look at them in alert, trying to loosen their holds on me but no luck, so Mum need to step in. 

"Alright, boys. I think your sister understand that sign of you loves her so much. You can let her go now before she dies in suffocation.", say Mum. 

They all chuckles, nodding before pulling away from me. The girls gives me their hugs too, before we all bids goodbye. Walking with me out from the palace, they watch me leaving to my car before climbing in. Thanking Taylor, I shut the door and buckles up to my seat. Rolling the window at the passenger side, I waves my family goodbyes and they return one, too. Soon enough, I pull out from the driveway and drives the car out from the palace's compound. Speeding down the road, I soon to exit Dad's ginormous pack and heading back home. 

'Alex, I'm on my way back home now. Is everything alright, at the pack? Liam?', I link. 

He didn't respond me straight away, but after couple of minutes, he returns with some good respond, telling me that everything goes smoothly. I smile and hums, nodding to him before telling him that I'll be back in at least of an hour time. He chuckles, before reminds to drive safely. Smiling, we both ends the link before I eyes the road. I've been driving for good half an hour when suddenly, I make an emergency brake on the road as my eyes lock at the black big wolf on the road. More to like unconscious on the road. Gulping a little, I look around the area but there's none, then back to the unconscious wolf in front of me. Sighing, I slowly unbuckle myself and about to hop out from my car, when out of nowhere the black wolf come and jump on my car. Well, more to like pouncing on my windshield and I notice it's starting to cracks. I get really scared, so I quickly reverse the car quickly which instantly have the wolf to collapse off from the imbalance. I quickly drive off from there, in fear of that wolf gonna attack me again. From what I know, that strength could've come from an Alpha wolf or lower rank than it 'cause my windshield is pretty hard to break since it's a bulletproof glasses.