Chapter 17

Cass

Alex wakes me up the next morning and only to find both of us still in the training centre. Frowning bit, I yawns tiredly while doing some stretches before get up on my two feet with some help from Alex. Sigh escapes from my lips as I recall back about last night's thing and it just hurts my already broken heart. Alex sees me hurting, but he just keep his mouth shut as he knows that I'm very much appreciates if he just ignores them than pointing them out. 

"You may leave now, Alex. I'll call you when is needed.", I mutters. 

Although my voice are slow and weak, cracking a little at the end, Alex could hears them loud and clear before nodding to me. He bows to me a little, showing his submission to my order before I watch him leaving the room. I let out another sigh before following his steps, after staying still in the room for good 10 minutes. I groans a little as I get greet with the bright, blinding sunlight. Covering my eyes a little, I adjust myself before look at where I'm going or else I'd run into something, embarrassed myself, early in the morning. I didn't know if he left or stay but I couldn't give a bit damn about him, any longer. My heart is fill with too much pain, rather than what supposed to be love and happiness. Climbing up the steps, I walk up on my porch before pushing the front door of my house, bringing myself into the house. 

"I'm home-", I cut myself when I just realizes what I'm about to say. 

Feeling utter disbelief, I begin to slap myself on the face and scold myself for still thinking that he's still here with me when he could be anywhere in this world by now. Heavy sigh escape once more before I make my way upstairs to our used-to-be shared bedroom which now return to be my own bedroom, to take shower. I didn't know that my family are coming down for a visitation on my pack, but I could never bring myself to care about anything else. My steps only growing heavier and heavier, as time passes by and I can't feel myself hurting even more as I could catch the faint scent of his delicious scent in the house. 

'Guess this is the way I'll die slowly, yet painfully. What can I ever do to object the cycle of life, as I'm just only an imperfect human.', I thought. 

As I enter the bedroom, I can't help to feel even more weaker as the room hold the strongest scent of his. I'm quick to grab on the doorknob for support as my knees begins to wobbles vigorously. Tears instantly spring to my eyes, wanting to roll down my face for god knows how many time but it couldn't move like there's an obstacle blocking the pathway. 

"This just makes me feel like burn everything inside this room! Burn this whole house!", I grits in anger. 

Shaking my head from the thought, I begin to try calm myself and my head down, calming my breathing too which only takes about couple of minutes. Shaky breathes leave my mouth, but my eyes are all train over the hard floor. 

"I have to be strong. I don't need him by my side. I don't need him in my life. He's my happiness, but also my pain. I guess, we're better off like this. Be in different directions. He has his own life to look after and his slut than to care about his very own, destined mate. I have to be stronger for myself. For my people. For my pack. I have too, needed too!", I tell myself. 

With that, I straighten my posture before stepping into the room and make my way straight to the bathroom. When my eyes land on the his empty side sink, I just feel emptier than I already am. I know that I don't want him to be here, 'cause he had chosen what he wanted for his life but I can't help to missed his presence here and the feelings that he always gave to me. Sighing once more, I shake my head and shut the bathroom door behind, walking towards my sink side before getting down on brushing my teeth and washing my face with my facial cleanser. Once I'm done with those, I begin strip off from my clothing and throw them into the laundry basket, stepping into shower place. Instead of having hot shower, I have the cold ones. I let the cold water rain down from my head all over to my body, to my foot while watching them flows to the drainer. I just stay under the cold shower for couple of minutes, letting the water to wash over my tears that already roll down to my face. I soon to begin clean myself up and while I'm washing my hair, Alex mindlink with me.