Chapter 18

Cass

"Well, Alpha Charles did told you the truth. His injuries were all from the crash, but this bruises weren't. It was like they were given to him after he was found by Alpha Charles. He suffered 3 right broken ribs and 4 left ones, displaced left shoulder blade, scratches on his face and arms, and cuts on his busted lips and left eyebrow. It'll take a day or two to recover, but his shoulder will take about few weeks time.", explain Max. 

I can't help to feel so pissed inside, knowing that Charles indeed hurt him. That bloody bastard, though. I look at Max and nods, thanking him before he ask to be excuse. I nods again, watching him leaving to do checkup on other patient in the pack hospital. I sigh, looking into the small window on his door and to see him laying on the bed, as if like it's a deathbed to him. Sighing once more, I shake my head before I enter his room. I thought that he's still asleep, but boy, when he turn to look at me and lock his brown gaze with my dark, stormy-icy grey ones, I find myself bit startles at the explosion of emotions inside my heart. He only look at me, hurt shade his gaze before he look away from me. 

"W-What are you doing here? W-Why did you brought me here?", he ask, stuttering bit. 

I look at him with narrowed eyes, before sigh heavily and walk to the lounge in his room. I don't feel like taking a seat next to his bedside 'cause I still needed some space from us. He hurt me one too many times, but I always let them slip off as if it didn't really mean anything when it does. 

"Because you needed to be checked, that's why you were being sent here. Quit asking questions like that! You've gone through a car accident at god knows where and been found by that maniac, injured severely. You left me for her, but I still care for you. I still take you in and sent you here to be checked up. Yet, you still asked me question like that! Do you really think that I'm gonna send you away to the dungeon with other creeps in there? I'd do it, if you really want it but I'm pretty sure you won't last long in there.", I act bit cold to him. 

He shudders a little, before look at me with guilty looks. Rolling my eyes, I look away from him as I cross my leg over another. Picking up the one of the mags on the coffee table in front me, I pretend to do some reading when I feel his gazes fall on me, once again. I just stay quiet and scan over the printed papers filled with nothing but information about the new product launch and stuffs. 

"C-Cheryl d-died.", he mutters. 

I can't help to feel my blood boil in anger at her name. Well, she deserve to be dead for taking my mate away from me. She deserves it and more. 

"So? She's dead and that's not my problem! Clearly, it was her fault too. If she didn't butt in our bond, none of this would've happened. If she only moved on after knew that you're mine, she'd still be alive and happy with her chosen mate. But nope! She chose to did this to us, had you taken away from me, she deserves that and more.", I respond, angrily. 

Liam look at me, absolutely absurd. Rolling my eyes boredly, I bring my gazes back to the mag and continue to pretend reading those shit 'til he open his mouth again. 

"S-She was pregnant with my p-pup.", he informs. 

And that's it. That's the end of my patience. Jumping off my seat, I throw the mag down to the coffee table at full force that it knocks over the vase before it falls and breaks. My body starts to shake furiously in extreme anger and Liam watch me with fear filled his eyes. Glaring so hard at him, I could feel my eyes changing its color again into deep, vibrant, glowing crimson red with specks of gold in it. Liam look at me in deep shock at my new appearance before tries to hide himself under the cover. 

"You loathed the fuck up of me! How dare you?! I'm your fucking mate and you impregnant other female that's not your mate! Can't you keep yourself for me?! Can't you do the same for me! Why do I always feel more hurt than you are?! How fucking dare you! I keep myself for you. I care for you. God, you make me sick to death! If I was given another chance to have another mate than you, I'd gladly take it 'cause you really- I swear to god, I want to hate you for life but I can't 'cause you're my mate! Why can't you just stay faithful for me! Why can't you just do the same for me?! I've sacrificed everything just for you, but this is what I got in return! You really are piece of shit, Liam! I will never forgive you, ever!", I scream in purest anger.