TWO

I heard the someone knocking at the door, making my head pound. I sat up in my bed and saw Leo passed out beside me, his black skinny jeans hugging his legs as he cradled a pillow.

I took ahold of a white tank top of mine that was left from yesterday, throwing it over my head as I walked into the living room. The person continued to knock on the door rapidly, and I opened it with a glare.

"You can stop knocking, it's not helping," I grumbled absent-mindedly. I looked at the figure in front of me and noticed his black clothing, it's Matty!

"Nice outfit," he chuckled deeply. "Where do you get your weed?"

I raised an eyebrow. "How do you know if I smoke?"

"The smell is always leaving your flat, Miss Sarilynn," Matty explained.

"You'll have to come with me one night if you want some. He's very particular," I responded.

"Deal, tonight, six," Matty shrugged.

"How do you know I'm not busy?" I asked.

"It's Saturday," Matty answered.

"Okay... well I'm not busy, so yeah," I looked down at my feet.

"I'll be knocking at six," Matty stated before walking down the stairs to leave the apartment building.

I closed the door and saw Leo looking at me from the hallway.

"Sari? What was that about?" Leo asked.

"Nothing."

« ‹ › »

I had completed my outfit with a black leather jacket and a simple and simple gold chain.

"Sari," Leo sat on the couch. I turned to him, and noticed how miserable he was because of his hangover. I am miserable as well, but not as much apparently.

"Be careful," Leo sighed. "I don't know if I trust that kid."

"Okay," I smiled. "I'll be home only a little bit after."

Leo nodded in response, and then there was a knock on the door, causing Leo to begin whining. I opened the door and saw Matty in the same outfit from this morning, and he was looking down at his phone.

"Bye Leo!" I waved at Leo and he saluted back. I walked passed Matty, and he didn't seem to notice.

I got to my car and I turned back to see Matty following, a blank expression on his face. I got in my car, and Matty quickly got in the passenger's seat.

I turned on the ignition and pulled out of my parking space. As I drove down the road, Matty stared out the window.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

I turned to Matty and he still looked out the window. "Leo? No, god no..." I replied. "He's just my roommate." Matty turned to me, rolling his eyes.

"Why were the both of you half naked this morning then?" Matty asked.

"Because we were piss drunk and high last night we didn't do anything, and even if I don't remember it I can promise you. Plus Leo's room only has a mattress, he prefers mine," I explained. Matty nodded, looking like he didn't believe me.

I pulled into the local pub and Matty looked at me. "A pub? Really?"

I got out of my car and walked away from the pub, Matty following behind me. I turned to the alley, walking into the darkness. I eventually saw smoke being lit up by a small light on the side of the brick wall.

"Kane," I stated, and Kane looked up at me, then turned to Matty.

"Who's that?" Kane pointed at Matty, a cigarette in his mouth.

"Matty, he's a friend of mine," I shrugged. "Plus he's new here, and he needed a new dealer."

Kane nodded, turning back to me. "How much, darling?"

"One kilo please," I smiled.

Kane nodded, then turned to Matty. "And you?"

"Three." I turned to Matty with wide eyes. Matty looked back at me with a blank expression.

"Sarilynn, you know our deals, and Matty, 215 pounds. I'll drop yours off before, Matty, and you'll pay me then, address?" Kane questioned.

"Wellington Flats, unit B, floor three, room 14," Matty answered.

"Okay kid, you're all set up," Kane chuckled. "Take care of yourself."

"You too," I waved goodbye before following Matty out of the alley.

Once Matty and I reached my car, we both stepped in. Before I even started the car Matty turned to me almost shouting, "What deal do you have with him?" I stood still, not knowing what to say.

"Sarilynn!" Matty shouted. I bit the inside of my cheek, turning to face the steeringwheel.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You trade that dick sex for drugs! Do you know how dangerous that is?" Matty exclaimed. I started the car and drove silently, listening to Matty.

Eventually, at a red light I lost it. "If you're judging me for my problems that aren't any of your business I should be saying the same to you! All you ever do is sit in your fucking apartment! I live right below you and the only time I've ever heard you leave is now and when you moved in, last week!" I yelled. Matty looked at me angrily, before turning his head to the window.

"How about you fucking deal with your own problems before digging yourself into mine?" I asked.

Once we got to the apartment building Matty got out of the car, storming off. I grabbed my things before getting out, sighing as I closed the door.

I walked up to the second floor and saw Matty standing by my door, holding a wad of cash.

"I'm not taking your money," I shook my head.

"Well you're gonna," Matty explained.

"No, I'm not taking money I don't deserve," I replied, opening my apartment door. Matty followed me in without asking, and he pointed at the painting I recently painted.

"What about that?" Matty pointed to it. "I'll give you all the money you owe to Kane for that original."

I raised an eyebrow, "That? It looks like every other painting."

"No, it's by you," Matty turned to me. "Therefore it doesn't look like 'any other painting,' so, take my money."

Matty held out the money and I glanced up at him. "That painting is not worth 140 pounds," I stated.

"It is," Matty set the money on the counter before grabbing the painting and walking out of my apartment.