THREE

- Matty's POV -

I woke up to the sounds of yelling from the room below me, Sarilynn's. I sat up and heard a name, "Kane, stop!"

I jumped up, throwing on a pair of my black skinny jeans before running out of my apartment, almost tripping down the stairs.

I opened the apartment door to see Sarilynn on the floor, tears cascading down her cheeks as Kane threw everything around in Sarilynn's apartment. Kane turned to me, anger shown all over his face.

"What do you fucking want you scumbag?" Kane asked.

"Just stop," I shrugged. "She has your money, and that's the end of it. Just leave her alone."

Kane crossed his arms over his chest, "And who says you can tell me that?"

"No one, I'm just saying," I put my hands up in defense. "There's no reason for you to do this." Kane turned back to Sarilynn, "Don't come down my alley again, you ungrateful bitch."

- Sarilynn's POV -

I looked up at Matty and noticed he seemed completely fine. He stood with an expressionless face. His small figure being a lot braver than I anticipated.

"You didn't have to come down here," I stated, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah, but your dear friend Leo wasn't going to help, now was he?" Matty replied.

"He's working." Matty closed the door and picked up the fallen chairs.

Matty picked up the coffee table, and then looked at me. "I'm already here," Matty held out his hand.

I looked at his hand and Matty sighed, I took Matty's hand, and he helped me up before looking at my injured head.

I stared at Matty's tattoos, and Matty pointed to the couch. "Where is your first aid?" He asked.

"Drawer to the right of the sink," I pointed to the kitchen.

Matty walked over and opened it, grabbing swabs and the little bottle of alcohol. Matty walked over to me, but then he paused, walking into the bathroom and coming back with a hair tie.

Matty handed me the hair tie, and I quickly put up my hair as he sat beside me. Matty looked at my forehead, placing the swab on my head, making me flinch. Matty looked down at my eyes as he gently dabbed my injury.

"You can talk, you know," Matty stated.

"There's nothing to say," I replied. Matty nodded, turning to open a bandaid.

I watched as Matty fumbled around with the bandaid, struggling to open it. He grunted as he once again failed. I grabbed his wrist, taking the bandaid from his hands, opening it for him.

Matty took the bandaid silently, carefully putting it over my injury. Matty took everything and threw it away before turning to me. "And?" He raised his eyebrows, crinkling his forehead.

"Thank you Matty," I looked down at my hands. "I'm sorry for being so troubling." I felt tears in my eyes once again as I realized how much of a mess I am.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, and then the couch sinking in. "Sarilynn," Matty wrapped his arm around my waist.

I laid my head on his shoulder, tears slipping down my cheeks. Matty held out his arms so I could hug him, I quickly took the offer, hugging Matty around his neck.

Matty laid down on the couch, pulling me down with him. I hid my face in Matty's chest, and I saw his arms go up, grabbing a blanket before covering both of us. Matty rubbed tiny circles on the small of my back, clearly not tired anymore.

"I didn't think a small injury like that could make someone cry so much," Matty joked. I shook my head, smiling.

"Do you think you could paint me another painting?" Matty asked. I nodded in response.

"George liked it, George is my best mate," Matty explained. "He told me that he liked the colors, and how detailed the silhouettes were." I felt my eyelids growing heavy, and Matty continued to talk.

"I always am the last person to fall asleep," Matty chuckled. "But times like these I'm okay with it."

There was a pause of silence before I spoke up. "You didn't have to come down and save me."

Matty shrugged, "I couldn't sleep anyway. I wasn't going to leave you screaming... I'm not that rude." I lightly chuckled, and Matty laid his head on mine.

"Sarilynn... Jone? Right?"

"Yeah," I mumbled. "And you can call me Sari."

"I like Sarilynn better," Matty chuckled deeply. "What's your favorite colour?"

"Light grey," I answered.

"I like your face better without makeup," Matty randomly stated. "Just saying." I rolled my eyes.

"Matty Healy."

"Exactly," Matty finished. "Which is funny because of your forehead."

I laughed, and Matty played with my hair. "My favorite colour is grey or black."

"Black is the absence of colour, Matty," I replied.

"Oh hush," Matty poked me.

I laughed, closing my eyes, "Any chance we could you know, actually sleep on my bed?"

Matty shrugged, "Sure." Matty and I both sat up, and Matty got up first to avoid anything awkward.

I waited for Matty as he followed behind me wrapped in the blanket that was previously covering us. I opened the door to my room and saw my unmade bed; Matty saw my vinyl collection.

"Ooh," Matty flocked towards the music. I rolled my eyes walking over to my bed and falling on it.

Matty thumbed through the music and pulled up a Prince record. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," Matty turned the Prince record to me.

"My mom gave it to me when I was twelve, I cried," I explained.

Matty laughed, looking back at it. "It's in great condition! How?"

"I take care of my things, Matty," I laughed.

Matty set the vinyl on my dresser before turning back to me. "You have to let me play it tomorrow."

"Okay," I smiled. Matty took off his pants, surprising me. I avoided looking at him as he slipped into my bed.

Once Matty was lying beside me we looked each other in the eye. "You're pretty," he whispered. I felt my cheeks warming and Matty smiled more.

"You never smile," I stated, and Matty shrugged. "Not around strangers, but we're not strangers, now are we?"

"No," I replied.