SEVENTEEN

I woke up and stayed in bed for as long as possible, after coming home at 1am last night with Matty, I immediately passed out.

"Morning sunshine!"

I heard my curtains open and I squinted my eyes open to see Leo. "Wake up, Sar, I made coffee for you."

I watched as Leo walked closer to me holding a mug. "Here."

I sat up, taking the mug from Leo. "What time did you come in?" Leo asked, sitting beside me.

"One," I mumbled.

Leo nodded, "After an entire day of traveling... man that sucks."

"You could say that again," I sighed.

"I'm starting to be okay with Matty," Leo smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's already done so much... I still think he's doing that to hide something though," Leo stated.

"Like?"

"I don't know... I feel like he deals drugs," Leo chuckled. "I mean, where did he get all of that money from?"

« ‹ › »

I sat in front of my window on the floor, looking out at the people walking.

"Hey- what are you doing?"

"People watching," I turned to Matty at my door.

"Sounds interesting," Matty walked over and sat beside me.

"It can be, if you are creative," I nodded. "Like that guy."

I pointed to a guy around his thirties maybe, "He looks like a soon to be dad, but the mum doesn't know if the baby is his or not."

Matty turned to me laughing, "You are so dramatic." I shrugged in response.

My phone began ringing and I looked over to see Maverick's name.

I answered the phone instantly, "Maves? Everything okay?"

"Y- yeah! Everything's fine! I am just bored and I want to hang out with my sister. Can you come pick me up?" Maverick questioned.

"I'm exhausted, Mav, I just got back from New York," I laughed.

"So we can watch movies! Please? Come on Sari!" Maverick begged.

"Fine," I smiled. "Get ready, because I'm leaving once I get my shoes on."

"Okay! Thank you Sari!"

I hung up and Matty was smiling. "Do you want to hang out with my brother?"

"Yes," Matty stood up, handing me shoes.

I shook my head at Matty, putting on my shoes. I stood up and grabbed my keys before grabbing Matty's hand.

I pulled into the driveway of Uncle Ed's house and saw Maverick running outside. I rolled down Matty's window and Maverick stopped in his tracks.

"Matty!" Maverick shouted. "Sit in the back with me! Please?"

Matty turned to me with a small smile, "I'm going to sit with your brother."