THIRTEEN

I woke up to Matty at the end of my bed, completely dressed. "Sarilynn," Matty repeated. "Come on, I have a surprise for you."

I stared at Matty from my bed, groaning. "Where's your suitcase?" Matty questioned.

"Under my bed, why?" I yawned, sitting up.

"We're going on a trip, do you have a passport?" Matty asked.

"Yeah..."

"Good," Matty opened my closet, pulling out black shirts and pants, throwing them in my suitcase.

I watched Matty throwing everything in my suitcase. "Matty, nothing's wrong, right?"

"Nothing is wrong, I got a cheap flight to New York City, and I thought we could go," Matty answered.

"Matty!" I exclaimed. "New York? In America? Matty you didn't have to!"

I jumped into Matty's arms, squeezing him tightly. "I wanted to," Matty explained. "Plus I thought we needed to get out."

"How many days are we going to be there?" I asked.

"Two weeks," Matty kissed my lips. "Two weeks of just us, exploring."

I hugged Matty tightly, kissing his cheek. "Matty you didn't have to, you already spent money on my luxuries-"

"Which you paid me back," Matty chuckled. "Come on, pack your stuff."

I let go of Matty, walking over to my closet and grabbing a few dresses. I walked over to my drawers, Matty's arms around my waist.

I opened my top drawer, pulling out some underwear, and Matty moved one of his hands to a lace garment, picking it up. "Nice," Matty smiled, putting it in the pile for New York.

I rolled my eyes, getting last minute things like my toothbrush and phone charger.

« ‹ › »

Once Matty and I landed in New York it was freezing outside, surprising both of us. "It would've been smart to look at the weather," I shivered as Matty called a taxi. Matty wrapped his arm around me, both of us shivering.

Eventually the taxi arrived, and Matty told the man the hotel name, which apparently is a well-known hotel because Matty didn't have to give directions.

Matty held my hand as we quickly reached the hotel, Matty handed the driver money that we got exchanged at the airport, and we waved goodbye.

Matty and I walked into the hotel to see a beautiful lobby, "Mr. Healy?" A man walked up to us. "Great to see you. Here's your room key, and a cookie for you and Miss Jone."

The man handed us a cookie, making both of us smile. "Okay," Matty chuckled. "Let's go."

I followed Matty to the elevator, and once the doors closed Matty kissed my lips. "We're on floor thirteen," Matty smiled. "Right below the highest."

"Matty! How expensive was this place? I don't like you paying for me when I'm fully capable-"

"Shh," Matty chuckled. "I wanted to do something nice for you." I sighed, nodding.

Matty grabbed my hand, leading me to our hotel room, which in reality was a suite. "Matty," I sighed, the hotel being at the end of the hall.

"Hush," Matty smiled at me, opening the door.

I followed Matty inside of our hotel suite, setting my things down. I looked around the room, the bed having our names on it spelt with roses.

I looked out the window, taking it all in. "So?" Matty asked.

I turned around and saw Matty taking his shoes off on the bed next to my name. "Do you like it?"

I smiled, nodding. "I'm a bit afraid, though," I admitted.

"Why?" Matty stood up, walking towards me. Matty placed his hands on my waist, looking into my eyes.

"I've never been on a trip without my family," I answered.

Matty kissed my lips gently. "I'm here," Matty smiled. "I will be this entire time. If you need anything I'm here with that and cuddles."

I smiled, hugging Matty around his neck. "You spoil me, Healy..."

"I don't want to ever lose you, that's why," Matty chuckled. "Another person could easily sweep you off your feet."

I shook my head, "I don't fall that easy, Matty." Matty laughed.

"Sexually you do," Matty laughed.

"That's a different story," I laughed.

I moved my arms to Matty's chest, laying my head on his shoulder. "I'm tired," I stated.

"Same," Matty yawned, grabbing my hand. "Let's go nap."

« ‹ › »

I woke up before Matty, surprising me even. I turned to my phone and saw that it was 7:38pm.

Matty seemed so peaceful lying next to me, the simple details about him somehow made him more alluring.

The freckle in the middle of Matty's cheek. The small mark that I couldn't help but love. The freckle seemed like such a simple thing but I adored it.

I found myself curling one of Matty's strands of hair around my finger. I let go of the curl and it bounced back to his head, making me smile.

I sat up, grabbing the hotel menu to order Matty and I some food, because I know we won't want to go out tonight.

I saw macaroni, and you can't go wrong with macaroni. I ordered the food and a bottle of red wine knowing Matty.

I walked over to my suitcase, opening it and grabbing the shirt I never gave back to Matty, and black leggings.

I quickly changed then heard a knock on the door. I rushed to the door, opening it to see room service.

They wheeled the food into the room, and I handed the woman a tip before she left.

I fixed Matty a glass of wine and one for myself before sitting beside him.

"Matty," I whispered, shaking his shoulder. "Matty."

Matty slowly came to his senses, opening his eyes and smiling at me and the wine. "When did that get here?" Matty chuckled.

"A little bit ago," I answered, and Matty sat up, taking the glass from me.

I took a drink of the wine and so did Matty. Surprisingly, hotel wine wasn't as bad as I expected, which was very pleasing.

"What is that?" Matty pointed to the tray of food.

"Macaroni," I laughed, and Matty joined the laughter.