FORTY-FIVE

Once everyone arrived, and Matty continuously thanked Denise and I for decorating, the party began. A small section of the living room was specifically a dance floor, which was entertaining.

I sat on the couch laughing at the guys doing cheesy dance moves. Once in a while they would convince me to join them, but I'm only good at embarrassing myself. Jamie and I would laugh at them, and pretend they were strippers.

The night went by fast, and before any of us knew it, it was 7:30pm. We all agreed it was time for Matty to blow out his birthday candles.

Once we all made it to the kitchen, Denise lit the candles. Then the familiar words were sung...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Matty,
Happy birthday to you!

Matty then blew out his five candles. George insisted we actually put twenty-five candles on his cake, but Denise and I agreed it would be too much of a fire hazard.

So Matty blew out his five candles, and he seemed just as happy to only have five. I smiled at the curls in his face as he brushed them away.

We all grabbed slices, standing in different areas of the house. Matty found a way to seclude us in a corner.

"This is the best party I've ever had," Matty smiled at me. "Plus the cake is amazing."

I smiled back, "Well I'm glad you're enjoying it. The party took lots of preparation. Everyone chipped in somehow."

"Even Louis?" Matty raised his eyebrows.

"What do you think he was doing earlier in our room? He was distracting you so you wouldn't get bored and come downstairs," I laughed.

"Oh!" Matty continued, "That's clever!"

I smiled at Matty, finishing up my cake. Matty took my plate and my hand, leading me to the empty kitchen.

Matty threw the trash away and then kissed my lips gently. "Who has the best presents?" Matty whispered.

"Either me or your mum," I laughed.

"Wow, thanks George," Matty joked. "Want to call everyone over?" I shrugged in response. "Everyone! In kitchen now!"

Soon everyone was in the kitchen, and we all stood around the counter covered in gifts. Everyone by this point was drinking, besides Louis of course.

"Okay," Matty looked at all of the gifts. "Whose gift do I open up first?"

"Mine!" Adam yelled. Matty pointed to Adam with a smile.

Matty picked up Adam's gift and showed the skilled wrapping. Denise actually wrapped the gift for Adam, but I won't tell that to Matty.

« ‹ › »

I woke up to the shower running, and then a half naked Matty hovering above me. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, smiling.

"I have the shower going for you, we have to go see your aunt remember? We're finding out the gender of the baby," Matty explained. "I'm going to go make pancakes..."

I grabbed Matty's arm, pulling him back beside me. "I don't want to get up," I expressed. "Please don't made me." Matty simply leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"You'll be excited. Now come on," Matty chuckled. "I know you're tired from all of the work you did for me, and I'm grateful; but you need to get up."

"Fine," I sat up. Matty left the room shortly after.

I got up and made my way into the bathroom, sitting on the counter was a small note in Matty's messy handwriting.

sorry about the bruises from last night... i didn't mean to -m

I frowned, looking up at the mirror. I moved Matty's shirt off of my shoulder and I saw the small bruises on my collarbone. They were barely visible, and if I didn't notice them last night while I was consenting in the act, then it's okay.

I smiled faintly, walking out of the bathroom quickly. I rushed down to the kitchen where Matty stood in his black boxers and slippers.

"Matty," I hugged him from behind. I then noticed the small fingertip bruises on his back. I began laughing faintly, "You didn't have to apologize."

"I felt the need to," Matty mumbled. "I caused them..."

"Matty," I traced my fingertips on his back. "You can barely see them, plus the ones on your back, that I caused... they're worse... sorry."

Matty laughed, turning around to face me. "Now you're apologizing," Matty kissed my lips softly. "Promise it's fine and you're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?" I smiled. "I participated!"

Matty laughed, kissing my cheek. "Go get ready, we have places to be."

"Okay," I smiled. "I love you, Matthew."

"You know I love you back," Matty replied as I walked up the stairs.

« ‹ › »

We walked into Uncle Ed's house after Genesis greeted us with a warm smile. We all walked into the living room, talking about Genesis's school week.

Matty and I sat on the love seat while Maverick and Genesis sat on the couch. Matty's thumb ran over my knuckles as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Okay!" Aunt Suzanne walked into the room. "Gender prediction time!"

"Maves?" Uncle Ed asked.

"Girl," Maverick answered.

"Gen?"

"Girl!" Genesis smiled.

Uncle Ed turned to me, "Sari?"

"Boy," I nodded.

"Girl," Matty chuckled.

"I think it's a boy," Uncle Ed stated.

"I know the answer," Aunt Suzanne laughed. "Yes, I kept it from your uncle."

I laughed, "I didn't expect that."

"I didn't either!" Uncle Ed smiled.

"Okay," Aunt Suzanne calmed everyone down. "Ready to find out?"

"Yes!" Genesis shouted.

"Okay, baby Jone is a..." Aunt Suzanne paused. "Girl!"

We all began cheering and clapping. "Another girl!" Genesis cheered. "I can dress her up in little doll clothes! I can host a tea party with her!"

"Yes, you can," Aunt Suzanne smiled, rubbing her belly. "I've known it was a girl for a while, I just wanted to make sure. The baby is 99.9% a girl."

"Let's hope that .1% doesn't become the 100%, we've already bought pink clothes," Aunt Suzanne laughed.