FORTY

Matty held my hand as we walked up to the small brick home. The real estate agent stood at the front door with a pen and paper, smiling widely. I took a deep breath, calming my nerves.

"Welcome! You two must be Mrs. and Mr. Jone?" She asked.

"N- no," I shook my head, smiling. "I'm Sarilynn, and this is my boyfriend, Matty."

"Oh! My apologies! You two are a very lovely couple, though," she smiled. "I'm Justine, shall we go in?"

Matty and I both nodded, following behind Justine. She shut the door behind us as I looked around.

"This house has all wood floors besides the bathrooms of course, three bedrooms, two bathrooms. The kitchen has just been updated, and it's still in your price range," Justine smiled. "Is this the first house you guys have looked at?"

"No," Matty answered. "This is our second today, but sixth total."

"Oh, wow," Justine smiled. "Can't quite find the right one? Let's hope this one is!"

We walked into the living room, which was beautiful. It had an electric fireplace and it was very open.

I looked at Matty and saw him faintly smiling. We walked towards the kitchen and Matty and I instantly took a liking towards the countertops.

"This home was built ten years ago, and the owners recently redid the kitchen and bathrooms. The home has a backyard, which is very uncommon for this neighborhood," she explained. "I believe this home is brilliant!"

After viewing the downstairs guest bedroom, and the bathroom, we walked upstairs.

"This is the master bedroom," Justine opened the door to reveal a huge room. It was about the size of our master room now, which is the perfect size.

I walked towards the bathroom and saw it had a separate bathtub from the shower. I smiled, turning to Matty.

"I see happy faces! Let's check out the upstairs guest room," Justine led us out. She walked towards the door a little bit down from the master room, opening the door.

The room was stunning, it had windows covering a full wall to the backyard. I smiled at the idea of painting in the room, turning back to Matty.

"This is perfect for my art room," I mumbled. "Look at the window!" Matty laughed at me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"So?" Justine put her hands in her pockets. "I'll give you two a second to think. You can look around all you want. Once you have decided what to do next, I'll be in the kitchen."

Justine left the room, and I turned to Matty with a smile. "It's under our budget, there's so many rooms, we can have this room with my art and your music. Downstairs can be a guest room in case one of the boys need to sleep over. Matty this is perfect," I bragged.

Matty nodded, looking around. "I like the bathtub," Matty stated. "The kitchen is nice. I can see you and Mum cooking in there."

"Exactly," I nodded, taking a hold of his hands. "So, what do you think?"

Matty smiled at me, kissing my lips. "I think we made a good choice," he chuckled. "Let's get it." I hugged Matty tightly, smiling uncontrollably.

We walked downstairs into the kitchen and there stood Justine. She smiled at the two of us, looking down at the papers. "Do we have a sale?" She asked.

I looked at Matty, and he nodded. "Yes," I answered. "We do."

« ‹ › »

After signing the papers and being told Justine will finish everything up by next week; we headed over to Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Ed's.

Once we pulled into the driveway I got out of the car. Rushing to the door and knocking aggressively, the door swung open quickly.

"Sari!" Maverick smiled. "Matty!"

"Hey," Matty waved. "We have a surprise."

"Really?" Maverick chuckled. "What is it?"

"Go get Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Ed," I replied. "We'll go get Genesis."

"Okay!" Maverick laughed, running up the stairs.

I led Matty to Genesis's room, knocking at her door. Immediately it opened, revealing Gen wrapped in a blanket.

"I took a nap," Genesis explained, her voice raspy.

"Oh," I laughed. "Well come downstairs, Matty and I need to talk to you guys."

Genesis nodded, stepping outside of her room. "Let's go," Genesis yawned.

Eventually everyone ended up in the living room, and sat on the couches. "Okay, tell us what's happening," Uncle Ed smiled.

"Well," I began.

"We are buying a house!" Matty exclaimed. Genesis and Maverick began cheering, knowing that means they can spend a lot more time over. Uncle Ed began laughing, and Aunt Suzanne smiled.

"I'm proud of you two," Uncle Ed admitted. "Have you told your mum yet, Matty?"

"No, that's the next stop," Matty nodded.

"Well, better get to it. She lives about an hour away, right?" Aunt Suzanne asked, and Matty nodded.

"Thanks for the news!" Suzanne stood up with open arms. "You'll have to invite us over when you get settled in."

"We will," I promise. "I wouldn't leave you outside."

"I hope not," Uncle Ed chuckled. "Bye kid!"

Matty and I said goodbye and we left. Once we were in the car, Matty turned to me with a smile.

"I actually feel like we're adults now," Matty chuckled.

"Yeah right," I shook my head. "Knowing us, we won't ever be actual adults."

"Let's hope not," Matty smiled at me. "I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled, holding onto his hand. "Let's go see your mum!"

"You really like my mum, don't you?" Matty raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yes," I smiled. "She's amazing."

"I know she is, but that means I'm only half how cool she is," Matty chuckled.

"No! I think you're a lot like her," I replied. "She treats you like her baby when you're the oldest."

"Because I'm her favorite, I mean... Louis is cool and stuff, but I'm better than him," Matty joked. "Wouldn't you agree?"

"I don't know," I smiled. "I think Louis is cooler."