THIRTY-SIX

Leaving my apartment was a lot harder than I ever expected. Matty helped me move all of my stuff to his apartment, where we organized it.

I woke up to Matty hovering above me as he kissed every inch of my face. I squealed, grabbing onto Matty's arms.

"Good morning," Matty smiled.

I squinted my eyes at Matty, and he kissed my lips. "Are you going to get up, baby? You've laid in bed three hours after I've gotten up."

I wrapped my arms around Matty's neck, forcing him to lay beside me. "I tried cleaning the house up a bit," Matty stated. "And now you're forcing me to go back to procrastinating."

"Get over it," I grumbled, and Matty smiled against my chest. "Your head is on my boobs, therefore little Matty should be happy."

"I am," Matty replied quickly. "Don't doubt that."

Matty's arms wrapped around my waist, his hands under my shirt. "I'll make you coffee if you get up," Matty stated. "It'll be the best cup of coffee you'd ever have."

I smiled, my face drowned in Matty's chocolate curls. "Okay," I agreed.

Matty crawled off of me and stood up, holding his hand out for me. I sat up, yawning. "Come on now," Matty chuckled.

I got off of our bed, and Matty wrapped his arm around my waist. "Coffee time!" Matty announced.

Matty pulled out a barstool for me, and I took a seat. I watched as Matty made coffee for me, wanting to go back to bed.

I grabbed a napkin and a pen, trying to stay awake. I began sketching Matty, and before I knew it my coffee was beside my left hand. I looked up at Matty, and he looked down at the napkin.

"Is that me?" Matty smiled, and I nodded. I grabbed the coffee mug, taking a sip of the hot beverage.

Matty picked up the napkin and observed it and all of its dry pen glory. "I quite like that," Matty smiled. "Do you think you could actually draw me?"

"Of course I could, but I'd make it look bad somehow," I explained. "I can easily draw my face because I've lived with it. Your face is so much different from mine, plus I think your face is perfect... I'll mess it up."

"No you won't!" Matty chuckled, grabbing my hand.

Matty led me back to our room, and led me to our bed. He sat me down and rushed around trying to find an empty sketchbook.

"My satchel has one," I stated.

Matty walked over to my bag and grabbed the sketchbook and then some pencils. Matty sat in front of me, handing me the pencils and sketchbook.

"Draw away," Matty smiled. "I want to see what you can do."

« ‹ › »

Matty began to grow impatient towards the end of the process, which resulted in me messing up a lot more. If Matty would have just stayed still, then I'd really be happy with it.

Finally, I perfected the mistakes. I looked up at Matty and saw his bored face looking around the room. "I'm finished," I smiled.

"Really?" Matty jumped up. "Let me see! Let me see!"

I slowly turned the sketchbook and it showed Matty of course, but also a little heart beside him. "What's the heart for?" Matty laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Do I need to explain it? I'm not a very emotional person it would cause me a great deal of pain."

"Uh? I don't understand?" Matty smiled.

"It's because you wanted me to draw you, so I did. But you also... God Matty!" I squealed. "Don't make me fucking say this just let me die."

Matty laughed, "Please! I do not understand!"

"You know it you just want me to say it myself," I smiled. "Don't you?" Matty's smile turned to a smirk. "You dick!"

Matty laughed, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to hear you say that I'm your heart and that you love me!"

"You know I love you," I smiled. "You should at least."

"I do," Matty leaned towards me, kissing my lips. "And I love you too."

I smiled, feeling my cheeks warming. Matty looked down at the sketch as he sat right in front of me, making my heart beat faster. The simple actions that Matty does, they make me want to cuddle him forever.

"Can I draw you?" Matty questioned.

"Sure," I nodded, handing him my sketchbook and pencils. "Go crazy."

I laid back on the bed, and Matty looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "I can't draw realistically," Matty chuckled. "I hope that doesn't bother you."

"It doesn't," I smiled. I watched Matty's expressions change with the drawing, and soon enough he finished.

Matty turned the sketchbook around, revealing an animated me. The most obvious thing about it was that I was holding a heart dripping with blood. I smiled at the little details of the heart, including the cracks and bandages holding it together.

"Do I need to explain it?" Matty joked.

"No, but I would love to hear it," I smiled.

"Well," Matty chuckled. "I can't do that exactly. That's why I write, and that's why you draw."

I set the notebook down, sitting up and placing my hands at the sides of Matty's face. "I love you," I smiled before pressing my lips on his.

"I'm going to post our drawings on Instagram," Matty smiled.

I watched as Matty stood up and placed the pictures next to one another on the bed in front of me. "Do you mind if you're in the picture?" Matty questioned.

"No," I shrugged, and Matty stood up on our bed. He got a perfect angle of the top of my head and then the pictures.

Matty sat down once he declared one of the photos the "perfect shot." Then my phone dinged.

I smiled at the picture, liking it. I read the description which was simply, "you can see who is the artist in the relationship." Which technically is both of us.