SEVEN

I woke up to the sound of my front door being smacked repeatedly. I got up off the couch, wrapping the blanket around me.

I opened the door and saw Matty with bags under his eyes, looking restless. "I want to show you something," Matty grabbed my hand.

Matty led me up to his apartment where his door was open. Matty let go of my hand once we walked in his apartment, I closed the door of his apartment and turned to see him sitting on the floor with a guitar. Surrounded by Matty were ripped up papers, and then the black worn down song journal.

"Sit," Matty instructed, and I sat down, leaning against Matty's couch. "Okay, don't judge the song I'm still working on it but I wanted to get your opinion-"

"Matty," I smiled. "Don't worry. I don't even know where I'd start with a song." Matty took a deep breath nodding.

What time you coming down?
We started losing light.
I'll never make it right
If you don't want me around,
I'm so excited for the night,
All we need's my bike and your enormous house
You said some day we might
When I'm closer to your height
'Til then we'll knock around, endlessly
You're all I need

Don't you see me now?
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you,
Don't you need me?
I, I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you,
And on this night and in this light,
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
Maybe you'll change your mind
I think I'm falling, I think I'm falling

Once Matty stopped strumming and looked up at me my face was white. Matty set his guitar beside him. Matty took that in a bad way, avoiding eye contact. "I- I know it sucks, I don't know why I tried-"

I jumped on top of Matty pushing him to the ground, wrapping my arms around his neck. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no," I repeated. "Don't say that."

Matty wrapped his arms around my waist. "M- Matty, that was..." I searched for words. "Everything beautiful," I finished.

Matty smiled into my collarbone. "How? Why? Why me?" I whispered.

"Well, how, I- I uh... thought about you after you and my mum left... I also thought of the things we've been through, and well, things I've done to you," Matty explained. "And why you, is because you make me feel this way, obviously. I wasn't going to write about a fuzz on my carpet."

I squeezed Matty tight, not wanting to let go. "You didn't have to write that," I stated. "At all."

"I know," Matty whispered. "But the words just came out, and they worked together somehow."

I smiled, taking a deep breath. "Matty Healy," I moved my hands to the sides of his face. "How do you make me feel like this?"

Matty smiled, shrugging, "I wrote the song."

I rolled my eyes, "You did, and it was amazing and I love it... but I've only had two relationships my entire life, one in year four, and the other one in year eleven, both lasted a week..."

"Are you saying we're in a relationship?" Matty smiled.

I felt my cheeks warming, and Matty smiled, kissing both of them. "Sarilynn, I don't know much about you. What I do know mostly is what I learned two days ago when my mum was over. But what I do know is that you are insanely creative and beautiful, and oh my god, you're incredible. Sarilynn our relationship so far is made of us arguing and then getting along, and I know from our small time together that I want to be with you, or I wouldn't have written a song spontaneously." Matty paused.

"Yes," I laughed before he even finished.

"Hold on!" Matty laughed. "So Sarilynn Bethany Jone will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I smiled, looking into Matty's brown eyes.

"You're going to leave hand marks on my face," Matty smiled. I laughed, pressing my lips on his.

Matty sat up, his hands on my hips as I sat on his lap. "I didn't expect you to act this happy."

I looked down at my lap, moving my hands from Matty's face. "I didn't either, but then you played the song... what's it called?"

"Fallingforyou," Matty answered. "Because I am."

I smiled, looking up at Matty. "When I first met you, you were an old grouch."

"I know, and I am sometimes," Matty chuckled. "You were a curious and flirty sorority girl."

"I was," I laughed. "And I still am at times," I poked Matty's nose.

"Well, how about you show me that side?" Matty asked.

I smiled, pressing my lips on his. Matty's hands lowered from my hips to my butt, putting his hands in my back pockets.

My hands ended up on Matty's chest, pulling up his plain black shirt. Matty laughed, breaking his lips from mine, pulling his shirt over his head. Matty held the hem of my shirt, wanting to do the same to mine. Both of us broke apart, and Matty slowly pulled my shirt off my head.

Matty looked at my chest, rubbing small circles on my bare waist. Matty's staring begun to make me feel more self-conscious than I usually am, and he noticed.

Matty pressed his lips to my ear. "You're perfect."

I smiled as Matty kissed my neck, my hands tangling up in Matty's tight brown curls. I closed my eyes, Matty's hair filling my senses.

I stood up, and Matty stood up with me. I grabbed Matty's hand, leading him into his room. "Oh Sarilynn," he chuckled.

I turned to face Matty, and he pressed his lips gently on mine. Our lips moved in sync as his hands went to the button of my jeans. I placed my hands on Matty's chest as he took off my jeans, and then his.

Matty pushed me back on his bed, kissing my neck, whispering, "I might be able to finish the song after this."