NINE

I woke up to the sound of "When You Were Mine" by Prince playing on my record player.

I rolled over to see Matty with a gigantic smile, in awe of the music. Matty didn't realize I was awake, looking at the black vinyl spin. "Wow," he whispered.

I quietly scooted over to the side of my bed where Matty slept, grabbing his grey shirt off the floor. I slid the shirt over my half naked body, watching Matty act like a little kid.

"Matty," I yawned, Matty turned to me, blushing.

"I should've asked you to play the record- I'm sorry I'll put it up," Matty stuttered.

"No, I don't care about the record I know you won't break it..." I laughed.

"Oh," Matty looked down at the floor. "Then what?"

I smiled simply, moving half my body off of my bed, sticking my hands under my bed for the shoebox I love so dearly. "We've been learning about each other... do you want to see me when I was little and my siblings?"

Matty started smiling, walking over to the other side of the bed, sitting beside me. I opened the box and Matty's eyes widened at the polaroids. "This was me," I held the picture. "I was a day old in this."

Matty's eyes widened, taking the picture gently. Matty looked at the picture than at me, amazed. "Whoa," he laughed.

I then grabbed a picture of my mum holding me when I was a couple months old, smiling. "That's my mum."

Matty smiled, his head leaning on my shoulder. I picked up another Polaroid of my dad waving like a dad, laughing. "That was my dad... he had a lot of issues, but not yet at this age."

I picked up a picture of my brother when he was born, where I was holding him. "Aw," Matty laughed. "Are you guys close?"

"Extremely," I nodded. "His name is Maverick."

Matty picked up a picture of my sister, where both Maverick and I were holding her. "That's Genesis," I smiled. "My sister."

Matty smiled, "You look like her."

"Do I?"

"Yes, extremely," Matty laughed. "Sarilynn?"

"Yeah?" I turned to face Matty.

"Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some of my friends that I'm in a band with, once we get all the chords sorted for your song... do you want to come hear it?" Matty asked.

"Yes, I'd love to," I smiled.

Matty pulled my waist closer to him, kissing my cheek. I closed the box, stuffing it under my bed, then turning to Matty.

"I have to go to work," I sighed.

Matty frowned, shaking his head. "Don't go today, spend the day with me. When was the last time you had a day off?" Matty questioned.

"Last year," I answered.

"Exactly. We can go adventuring," Matty smiled. "Just call in, baby."

I ignored the nickname I had just been acquainted, looking down at my boss's number. "I need the money, Matty."

Matty laid his head on my shoulder. "It's one day," Matty assured. "I can help with money."

"I don't want you to," I laughed. "I should be independent, and you already paid for all of my stash."

"So?" Matty laughed. "You gave me two paintings."

I looked at Matty, sighing. "What would we do, exactly?"

"Well, I can call my mates and then we can meet up with the guys that you haven't met yet. They all want to meet you, believe it or not," Matty stated.

I smiled, nodding. "Okay, I'll take the day off," I agreed.

Matty put his hands in the air, I quickly texted my boss, telling him I wouldn't be showing up, and that I was ill. Matty watched as I typed, and then he called his friend, Ross, telling him to meet us at the park across the street.

Once Matty finished telling Ross he looked at me and his shirt on me. "I'll go upstairs to get another shirt if you'll wear that one," Matty pointed to me.

"I can take it off-"

"No! Keep it on!" Matty laughed. "It looks cute on you."

I shook my head at Matty, standing up and putting on jeans. I then put on black ankle boots to go along with my normal dark aesthetic.

I went to put my hair up and Matty snapped the rubber band from my hand. "I like your hair down," Matty explained.

I turned to face him, "Matty, it's a wavy mess and it looks like I haven't brushed-"

"Hush," Matty laughed. He grabbed my shoulders and turned me back to the mirror. "Look. What do you see?"

"A face I've seen for years. A overlarge nose, too small of eyes," I shrugged.

"Nope! Wrong!" Matty shook his head, arms moving to wrap around me. "I see a girl whose beating herself up about things that nobody notices."

I put my hands over Matty's arms, and Matty kissed the back of my neck. "I have to go get a shirt, are you coming with me?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

Matty turned and put his curly hair up with the rubber band he stole from me, grabbing my hand.

Matty confidently walked up the stairs to his apartment, not appalled to the fact that the people from the park can completely see him right now. Matty unlocked his apartment door and the walked in, grabbing a shirt from the couch before turning back to me.

"The boys will like you," Matty stated. "Probably because we're the same person."

Matty led me to the park, to a spot where Matty explained to me that the boys had met here a long time ago, and now it's a meeting spot. Matty never once let go of my hand the whole time we were at the park.

"Oh! There they are!" Matty pointed to three guys walking towards us.

I felt my head beginning to beat faster, not realizing how soon this was to meet his friends, I also met his mum!

Soon all three of the boys were in front of me, Matty pointed to the one of the far left, "That's Adam."

Adam waved, "I'm Adam."

Matty pointed to the guy on the far right, "That's Ross." Ross smiled. "And George doesn't fucking matter."