TWENTY-FIVE

I laid on the tour bus couch, texting the group chat between Maverick, Genesis and I. There is only one week left of tour, and I'm miserable. I'm missing my family more than I ever thought I could.

Alisa is driving as usual, and she's pretty okay after her breakup, and although I'm not planning on changing anything up, I'm pretty bored with life. Even on tour, doing the same thing day after day has begun to drag on.

The moon was shining bright on the dimly lit road as we pulled up into the hotel. I sat up, sighing.

Alisa turned to me as she parked, "I'm bored, and I can tell you are too. We're going out tonight, it's only eleven. You are going to put on a party dress and heels, we might not actually go partying but we can explore the city."

I felt a smile forming on my face as the boys arrived from the back room. Matty sat beside me, kissing my cheek.

"There's a mini bar waiting for us in our room, which we're sharing with George tonight," Matty explained.

"Actually," I turned and looked at Matty. "Alisa and I are going out."

"Oh! Can I come?" Adam asked.

"No! It's girls night!" Alisa protested.

"Fine," Ross crossed his arms. "There's a bar in the hotel."

"Oh yeah!" Matty laughed.

"Spending a night away from each other, that hasn't happened all tour," Matty chuckled.

"There's a first for everything," I smiled.

« ‹ › »

Alisa and I ended up just deciding to dress casually, and I thought that would be more fun than actually dressing up. As I laughed at Alisa and I realizing we are wearing the same jean jackets, I realized it fit the occasion.

"Okay, fuck it, let's go," Alisa grabbed my hand and we began to run down the hotel hallway.

As the elevator doors opened we saw Matty, George, Ross, and Adam. They began laughing as we slid into the elevator. "The bar is downstairs?" I asked.

"No, the vending machine is, Matty is having pregnancy cravings," George joked.

"Not surprised," I laughed.

Matty kissed my forehead as the doors opened. "Have a fun night!" Matty waved.

Alisa and I walked out of the elevator, and as we did I heard a few words leave George's mouth, "You're lucky, Matty."

Once we were outside, the streetlights illuminating the streets dimly, I realized how I hadn't been paying attention to all the places I've been. Alisa turned to me, laughing about how much in awe I was. "Come on!" Alisa laughed.

Alisa and I ran for a while, going down random allies trying to get lost. I felt a rush of adrenaline I hadn't felt in a while. We passed people smoking and couples holding hands.

Alisa turned back at me and slowed down. "This is insane," Alisa laughed.

"Yeah," I panted. "You could say that again."

"This is insane," Alisa smiled. "I wonder what the boys are up to."

"Probably drinking," I ran my hand through my hair.

"Probably," Alisa laughed. "Matty is truly in love with you."

I turned to Alisa, my eyes squinted. "What do you mean by that?" I questioned.

"I've seen many guys, and I've become friends with many guys. Matty is not like them and I don't even understand it. Matty is very hard on himself, he also looks like he doesn't fall very hard," Alisa explained. "But whenever he's with you... he just is smiling constantly. He plans things for you two, he does so much."

I smiled, looking at my feet. "My boyfriend never did that for me," Alisa stated. "That's how I got over him so fast, because of you two."

Just as the word two left Alisa's mouth, my phone began ringing.

"Hello?" I answered Matty's call.

"Yeah, babe, someone's here for you... I think you want to see them, don't worry, it's no one bad," Matty chuckled.

"What?"

And Matty hung up.

I turned to Alisa, sighing. "Someone's at the hotel for me... I don't know who. My family can't come, they have their own things to worry about."

"Well, let's go see who!" Alisa chirped.

Since we ran all the way back to the hotel, I was dying when we arrived. As the doors opened I saw all of the boys huddled up.

They all turned to us, and just as I was about to say something, Matty moved. Standing between all of the boys was Leo.

"Leo!" I exclaimed.

I rushed up to Leo, hugging him tighter than I've ever hugged him. Everyone laughed as I squealed, trying not to disturb the hotel guests.

I backed away from Leo, laughing. "How'd you get here? Why are you here? Did something happen? Leo!"

"I just wanted to visit because the apartment was creeping me out," Leo admitted. "So I talked to your boy toy."

I rolled my eyes at Leo, and Alisa took a step beside me.

"I'm afraid I haven't been introduced to you," Alisa smiled.

"I'm afraid not," Leo chuckled.

"Leo this is Alisa, she's been my listener to my rants and problems while on tour," I introduced them. "Alisa this is Leo, my roommate."

"And best friend," Leo coughed.

"Really?" Alisa laughed. "What's her favorite color?"

"Black," Leo answered.

"No! It's light grey!" Alisa laughed.

"Alisa's right," Matty stated.

"Haha!" Alisa smiled.

Matty wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my head. Alisa and Leo began talking about everything and anything and Matty's lips pressed up to my ear.

"I might have told Leo about Alisa... I wanted to play matchmaker," Matty smiled.

"Well you did good," I laughed.

"Thanks," Matty chuckled.

Matty's hand eventually found mine after talking with the group in the lobby. "We're out, knock before entering the hotel room," Matty pointed to George.

"Will do, thanks for the heads up you nasties!"

Once the elevator doors closed Matty smiled at me, "You are acting a lot better."

I smiled, "Although I was only out for about thirty minutes total, I feel better."