TWENTY-FOUR

I talked with Alisa as we walked around laughing at random things in the arena. Somehow, we found this oddly entertaining; even with our very low energy drive.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I turned to Alisa.

"My boyfriend hasn't texted me back in three days," Alisa stated. "I'm a little worried... but I'm gone for so many months out of the year, I don't even know what his presence is like anymore... I think I'm gonna break up with him."

"Really?" My eyes widened. "Have you been driving a tour bus your whole relationship?"

"Yeah," Alisa nodded. "And I don't know. I don't want to seem possessive or anything, but he hasn't even read them!"

"My best friend had that problem," I nodded. "Leo, his fiancée did that and then he found out she was cheating."

"Whoa," Alisa looked at her feet. "I don't know... Dylan, he's really sweet and everything. I'm just worried he is cheating."

"I think you should call him, and if he doesn't answer your phone call him on mine," I suggested.

"Okay," Alisa nodded, taking a deep breath.

Alisa pulled out her phone and quickly called him, putting the call on speaker. We walked in silence, and the call was quickly denied.

Alisa turned to me, worry flushing over her. "What if he is cheating?" Alisa asked. "I live with him! I'll have no where to go..."

"Stay with me," I said immediately. "After your I'll go with you to get your things, then you can stay with Leo and I. I know Leo won't mind."

"No, I can't stay with you..."

"Come on! It'd be fun! You could get a job in London and we could go to parties and hang out with Leo!" I laughed, obviously not sounding as interesting as expected.

"Maybe," Alisa smiled. "I'll have to think about it... Plus! We don't even know yet!"

I nodded, handing Alisa my unlocked phone. Alisa dialed Dylan's number and turns out, he answered.

"Hello?"

It was a feminine voice, obviously not Dylan as I saw the look in Alisa's eyes. She seemed to have a loss of words.

"Hi, who is this?" I spoke.

"This is Angela... and you are?"

"A friend of Dylan," I replied. "I thought he was with Alisa. I was calling to see if he knew why Alisa wasn't answering her phone."

"A- Alisa?"

"Alisa Rodriguez," I answered.

"He is going to break up with her... I'm sorry. I'm actually pregnant, and he wants to be with me and do the right thing."

Alisa immediately had tears in her eyes. I hung up and Alisa tried to not cry.

"Alisa..." I sighed.

"I should have known... He, I don't even know. I just feel so fucking stupid!" Alisa exclaimed. "I'm not sad because we were never extremely close, but I'm mad! He did that to me, and I didn't even know..."

« ‹ › »

I stood beside Matty as he nervously waited for the cue to go on stage.

"Is Alisa okay?" Matty stalled.

"I think so, she said she was going to watch the show," I replied.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine," I assured. "As your progresses I'm getting better."

"That's good," Matty smiled, but I could see how worried he was. "I love you."

"I love you too," I laughed. "You can do this, you're Matty Healy."

"You're acting like that's a good thing," Matty grabbed my hand.

"It is," I smiled. "You're always a good thing."

Matty leaned in and kissed my lips, "That's my cue."

I smiled at Matty, "You're gonna do insanely well, Matty."

"Thanks," Matty waved goodbye as he walked up the steps.

I followed behind Matty, staying behind the curtain as I watched him sing to the large crowd. Matty looked so calm and easygoing, but I knew his mind was running.

I bit my lip watching him sing effortlessly, smiling at the attitude he gives himself on stage. How I envied his confidence.

« ‹ › »

As Matty stepped off stage and smiled at me as he stood behind Ross, George, and Adam. "How'd we do?" George asked.

"Amazing," I answered.

"Who was your favorite?" Ross questioned.

"Adam," I shrugged.

"Whoo!" Adam cheered, flipping off Matty. "Suck that!"

Matty rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. Matty pressed his lips to my ear, whispering softly.

"I convinced the guys to share one room so we could have one to ourselves tonight," Matty stated. "Just us, yeah?"

I smiled, nodding. Matty kissed my cheek as he rushed to the showers.

I sat on the couch, scrolling down my Instagram. As the band has gained more attention they're personal lives have also. The question of relationships have been brought up but pushed to the side.

Adam, Ross, and George have all said they're single, which is somewhat true. Matty has simply said he does have someone, and I like it that way.

I don't want too much attention put on me, I'd be fine if Matty simply said he has a girlfriend. I would prefer if we were never photographed, only by fans if they saw him.

Of course that is never really an option, and things never work out like that. During interviews the question always comes up, Matty either has to deny answering the question or to say nothing and let the boys have their moment.

With all the thinking I didn't realize that Matty was already out of the shower and dressed. I looked up from the couch and saw Matty smiling.

"Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand. I nodded, taking Matty's hand.

As we walked towards the van to get to the hotel, I texted Alisa and asked if she was okay, and where she went. She replied with that she just sent to the hotel, and she's ordering food and watching movies to distract her.

I found myself distracted as well as Matty allowed me to lay my head on his shoulder. Matty seemed to notice how out of it I was, and he tried to talk to me.

I simply denied any conversation he wanted to make, so lost in my own mind I couldn't realize how the reality of everything has affected me.