FOURTEEN

I woke up to the sound of shower running, and I squinted my eyes open to see Matty peeking at me from the bathroom, a towel around his hips.

"Want to join me?" Matty asked.

"No," I yawned. "I'm too tired."

"Okay, your loss," Matty smiled. "I'll be out in a second."

Matty disappeared into the bathroom and I sat up, seeing the empty bottle of wine on Matty's nightstand. I smiled, standing up and quickly cleaning everything.

I set the tray outside with a thank you note to the cleaning crew. I walked back into the hotel room to see Matty with a towel around him, his hair still wet as he looked at his suitcase. Matty looked up at me, then turned back to his suitcase full of black clothes.

"Black shirt or white shirt?" Matty asked.

"White," I answered, and Matty nodded.

I gathered things for me to shower, walking into the bathroom.

« ‹ › »

Once I finished my shower I realized that we had no more towels left. Matty used one, one is on the floor covering the cold tiles, and one we used last night when we spilt wine.

I bit my lip, standing in the shower. I took a deep breath, "Matty?"

I heard Matty's footsteps outside of the bathroom door. "What's up?"

"We're out of towels," I stated.

Matty stayed quiet, "I'll call for some."

"Good idea," I laughed.

I heard Matty talking, "We need some more towels, please."

I began to shiver, my bare body being vulnerable in this situation that's occurred plenty of times probably.

"Babe?" Matty called.

"Yeah?"

"They'll be here in about five minutes," Matty sighed. "Turn the shower back on so you don't freeze."

"I have conditioner in my hair, I can't," I sighed.

"Well what do you want me to do?" Matty chuckled.

"I don't know," I whimpered.

"Can I come in?" Matty questioned.

"Yeah."

I heard the door open and peeked out behind the curtain to see Matty with his hands in his pockets.

"I'm cold," I shivered.

Matty smiled at me, shaking his head. "I can warm you up," Matty offered.

I laughed, shaking my head. "If that happens then when a hotel person is waiting outside with the towels they'd hear us."

"And we could put the towels to good use," Matty smirked.

"You're a horny little shit, Matty."

"I am," Matty nodded. "I'll agree with that."