TWENTY-ONE

Matty held my hand as we walked into the tour bus, only to have it erupt in cheers, mostly from Adam.

"Why are you cheering? Everyone knows I'm better than Sarilynn," Matty shrugged.

"Bullshit! Sarilynn doesn't have a dick that controls her attitude!" George shouted.

Matty shook his head at George. "I already want to kill you and it's the first day of tour."

"Then kill me, Matty Healy," George squinted his eyes.

"I would if-"

"LADIES!" Ross laughed. "Calm down!"

George crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at Matty. Matty lead me to an empty couch where we sat down.

"Okay!" A man walked into the tour bus. "Hello everyone, you all know me... besides you," he pointed to me. "I'm the band's manager, Jamie."

"Hi," I smiled.

"I'm happy to have another girl on the bus to keep everything calm, so welcome," Jamie smiled. "Next thing, we will be leaving in about five minutes so make sure you have everything you need."

"Meh," Ross shrugged. "I have my phone... I think I'm good."

« ‹ › »

We made jokes and laughed the whole ride to our first city, which happens to be only about thirty minutes away.

Once the bus stopped we all turned to the driver, Alisa.

"We're already here?" Matty asked.

"Yep," Alisa smiled.

Everyone stood up and I grabbed my purse which is really just a small satchel. In it is a small sketchbook, coloured pencils, and my wallet and obvious things.

Matty grabbed my hand, leading me outside.

Once we were outside Matty explained to me the schedule. "We are about to have soundcheck, and then Muse will have theirs, and turn about two to three hours later the show will happen."

The boys all saw fans waiting and screaming, and they all stopped. "Can we say hi?" Adam yelled to Jamie, and Matty was already heading over.

"Matty!" They screamed, and Matty waved and smiled. I followed behind, and Adam caught up with me.

"I'm surprised you're actually dealing with Matty," Adam smiled. "He's an ass sometimes."

"Yeah," I laughed. "But I am too so it's not that big of a deal."

"I think you're nice!" Adam stated. "You seem a bit different, the kind Matty likes."

"Really?" I smiled. "I've never been told I'm different actually, I've mostly been told I'm aggressive."

"That's interesting," Adam chuckled.

Adam jogged ahead to take pictures with some fans, and once they all finished up Matty had his arm around me.

We walked into the venue and all of the guys had to rush to the stage.

I walked to the middle of the pit, the concrete below me making noises with every step I took. The boys began playing music, and I turned around to watch.

Matty sang, walking around the stage, smiling as he did so.

I ended up sitting down and watching them, smiling at the simple lyrics that Matty wouldn't have to explain. I took out my phone, taking a picture of everyone.

I blanked out of the moment, listening to every word that left Matty's mouth.

After four songs I looked down at my current sitting situation and saw that I had not realized that I took off my shoes.

I looked up and saw Matty singing looking right at me, I realized he had probably done that most of the time during this rehearsal, but I had not noticed.

I smiled at Matty, cupping my face in my hands as I watched the group I adored for multiple reasons.

Eventually they finished the set list without any issues, and Matty trotted off stage towards me as I stood up.

"What'd you think?" Matty asked.

"I like the order of the songs, and I obviously think they're all incredible," I smiled.

"Of course you do," Matty grabbed my hand. "She says we did good!"

"I messed up like seven times," George laughed.

"Well nobody noticed," Matty stated. "Right? You didn't notice any mistakes?" Matty questioned me.

"I didn't notice anything," I shrugged.

"Okay," George sighed out of relief, knowing my observant ass would've noticed something.

We all walked into the band's dressing room, which had fresh pizza waiting on the table along with some wine. Once everyone saw the view they cheered.

I shook my head, sitting on the couch. All of the boys had at least three pieces of pizza in their hand as they sat down.

"I got you a piece before the pigs stole everything," Matty sat down with only two pieces of pizza, handing me one.

"Hey!" George exclaimed, his mouth full of pizza.

"God, I did not need to see that," I replied. "Thanks, Matty."

Matty wrapped his arm around me smiling as he munched on his pizza. Adam quickly finished his slice and turned to me.

"What's your favorite song by us?" Adam asked.

"Is that even a difficult question? There's a fucking song about her," George laughed. We all laughed with him.

"Well actually I like 'Pressure' and 'The City' almost as much as 'Fallingforyou,' but not quite," I smiled.

"Ha!" Ross jumped off the couch, pointing a finger at George. "I fucking told you she'd like 'Pressure' more than 'M.O.N.E.Y.' bitch!"

"Oh go fuck yourself!"

I turned and saw Matty looking a little out of it. He looked at me and sighed.

"Are you scared?" I questioned, and Matty simply nodded. "You're going to do just fine, Matty. You always do."

Matty laid his head on my shoulder, taking my hand in his and squeezing it. "Thank-you," Matty kissed my cheek. "I didn't think you'd actually come on tour." I smiled in response.

"Barf," George grumbled.

"Oh shut your fucking trap you twat!" Matty shouted.

Adam, Ross, and I began laughing, and Matty chuckled a bit too. "Tour is so much fun," George joked.

"Yeah if you weren't such a sour puss it would be more fun," Adam mumbled and I began laughing more.

"At least I'm getting puss! You aren't!" George snapped.

"I disagree," Adam smirked.

"Okay that's gross," Matty chuckled.