FORTY-EIGHT

I woke up a lot earlier than our flight on accident, and then I couldn't fall asleep again. Instead of moping around I got ready and made sure I had everything I needed.

I made coffee and danced around the kitchen, my music playing softly. I made Matty and I pancakes, hoping he would wake up soon. After they were finished I put them on two plates and decorated them with butter and syrup.

I tiptoed upstairs to Matty and I's room, knocking softly. I heard a deep groan when I opened the door.

"Matty?" I whispered. "I do realize that I'm waking you up a bit early... but I made breakfast. Do you want any?"

The hallway lights illuminated Matty in our bed. He yawned deeply, nodding. I smiled, walking into our room.

I sat beside Matty, and he looked up at me with tired eyes. I looked down at him with a faint smile, moving his hair out of his face.

Matty sat up slowly and I handed him his plate. "Do these have blueberries in them? Or are those chocolate chips?" Matty grumbled.

"They're chocolate chips," I answered. Matty turned to me with a smile.

"Thank-you, love," Matty kissed my cheek. "It is very early, and you are fully dressed. Could you not sleep?"

"How'd you know," I giggled.

"You aren't a very good sleeper," Matty answered. "But you never seem tired in the morning."

I shrugged, "Mum was the same way. I guess I got that from her." Matty nodded, cozying up to me.

"Will you sit with me as I get ready?" Matty questioned. "You're done anyway, plus I need your company."

"Of course I will," I smiled. Matty nodded as we finished our pancakes.

I cleaned up our messes while Matty did some last minute packing. Once I walked back up to our room, Matty was half naked, only a towel hanging from his lower half.

"I'm going to shower, will you chat with me whilst?" Matty asked.

"If you want me to," I shrugged. Matty nodded, walking into the bathroom. I followed closely behind him, deciding to do my makeup.

I got my makeup bag from my suitcase and sat on the counter of the bathroom. Matty and I made small talk the entire time of his shower.

Once Matty got out of the shower, he waltzed over to me and kissed my cheek. I felt my face warming at the action. Matty then wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"This is going to be a fun trip," Matty smiled. "Matty and Sarilynn in Ireland."

"Sarilynn and Matty in Ireland," I corrected. "Admit it, it sounds better."

"However you prefer," Matty smiled. "What should I wear?"

"Matty, you own three colours of shirts - black, grey, and white. You don't have a very hard decision," I joked.

"Very true, I'll wear grey," Matty winked at me. "Light grey to be exact." I rolled my eyes at his remark.

Once Matty got ready after I talked to him the entire time, we caught a taxi to the airport. The airport was a bit full of families coming home from holiday. Matty held my hand tightly as we made our way through the crowded area.

Once we were checked in we sat down. I turned to Matty with a relieved sigh. "What are we going to do first while in Dublin?" I asked.

"Take a nap?" Matty laughed. "We'll get there pretty soon. After we wake up we can explore."

"Okay," I nodded. "That sounds nice."

"How's little Winona?" Matty questioned.

"Well, I've only received a million pictures," I laughed. "She's really tiny, and super cute. She also likes Maverick and Genesis a lot."

"That's good," Matty nodded. "She'll be living with them for a while."

I felt Matty's hand interlace with mine. "Thank-you for letting them stay with us... I don't know what I would have done if they didn't," I smiled.

"No problem," Matty kissed my lips. "I know you would have done the same for Louis."

"Of course I would," I laughed. "Your brother isn't allowed to sleep in the cold."

"Exactly," Matty chuckled.

« ‹ › »

We landed in Ireland decently soon. The flight only lasted an hour and a half luckily. Matty and I slept through the entire thing, or at least that's what Matty says he did.

After we left the airport and caught a taxi to the hotel. Mosses grew on the side of the brick building, creating a terrific atmosphere. I instantly fell in love staring at the green plants.

The grass shimmered with rain from the previous thunderstorm, and the trees swayed in the light wind. Matty smiled at me as I looked around in awe.

"This is outstanding," I smiled at Matty. "How did you do this? This hotel! It's so secluded yet very homey and the garden out front? Matty it's lovely!"

"I know, I made sure to find the perfect place for your suitable needs. A few blocks away is the more populous side of town. There is a few dining places in which we'll be visiting, and the local theatre so we can see a film," Matty bragged. "I'm pretty great, aren't I?"

"Yes," I answered quickly. "Thank-you very much. This is why planning took so long?"

"Yes, and the boys helped a lot. They decided a decent amount of things," Matty nodded. "Let's go check in."

While Matty checked in for us I texted each of the boys, thanking them for their efforts. They all replied with very kind things, including George. George being somewhat nice is a rare occurrence.

Matty lead me to the elevator, where it was revealed that there was only four floors. "Matty," I smiled. "How did you find this place?"

"Magic," Matty answered. "Magic I'll never reveal, and if I were to, I would need to kill you."

"Okay sure," I smiled. "But seriously, this place is amazing."

"There's more coming, darling."