ELEVEN

I woke up early to Matty tapping me repeatedly. "Matty!" I groaned. "What do you need?" I whined.

"It's snowing!" Matty announced. "Look, babe!"

Matty pulled me up from his bed to his window right behind his bed, and I saw street lights lighting up the snow. I was speechless, the snow was sticking to the window, beginning to cover it.

Matty reacted quickly, opening the window. "Matty!" I shouted.

Matty stuck his head out of the window, the snow landing in his curly hair. "Matty, you're insane," I laughed.

Matty turned back to me, his face obviously freezing cold. "It's so gorgeous," Matty sighed. "I... I don't know what to say."

I pulled Matty back in his room, closing the window. "You are completely and utterly insane, Matthew," I smiled.

"Ew, don't call me that," Matty scowled.

"You call me Sarilynn," I smirked.

"Yeah, but Matty suits me more than Matthew," Matty shrugged.

"Come here," I picked up my shirt off the ground. Matty scooted closer to me, and I wiped the snow off of his hair and chest. Matty watched silently.

"It was cold," he whispered.

"No shit," I laughed. Matty smiled at me, his eyes staring into me. "I don't like when people stare at me, Matthew."

"I'll stop staring if you never call me Matthew again," Matty chuckled, and I threw my shirt on his floor, nodding.

Matty leaned over, his hands on my knees, connecting our lips. "Sarilynn," Matty mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, I just like your name," Matty smiled. "Sarilynn. Sarah, Lynn, Sarilynn."

I leaned towards Matty, kissing his lips. The world cheekily felt as if it was revolving around us. Matty grabbed my upper thigh, pulling me on top of him.

My hands grazed Matty's chest, biting his bottom lip. Matty looked at me, his eyes squinted. "Sarilynn..." Matty whispered. "Where did all of this come from?"

I smiled, my hands grazing his exploded chest. The small chest hairs Matty has achieved, and the several tattoos he carries are some of my favorite pieces of Matty.

I removed my hands from his waistband, slowly taking the tips of my fingers down his lower half. Matty grumbled, leaving a vivid mark on my collarbone.

Matty removed his lips from mine, his eyes full of lust as they met mine. Matty smiled, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm just thinking about this entire situation."

"What about it?" Matty whispered.

"How cheesy this is."

"Okay sure, you started it," Matty shook his head. "Sarilynn."

"I know, I know," I laughed. "Shut up and kiss me."

« ‹ › »

I woke up to Matty walking back into his room where we slept. I looked up to see Matty holding two coffee cups. "Morning sunshine," Matty smiled.

I put a pillow over my head and Matty laughed, sitting beside me. "Here."

I removed the pillow and Matty smiled at me. "It's good coffee and it's going to get cold," Matty chuckled.

I sat up, taking the coffee, scooting closer to Matty. Matty smiled at me, his curly hair all over the place.

I turned to my coffee, sipping it. "This is good," I smiled.

"Told you," Matty chuckled.

I leaned over Matty's bed, picking up his shirt which was on my side of the bed, revealing a crazy night occurred. I picked up Matty's shirt, slipping it over my head.

"Why do you like my shirts?" Matty asked.

I shrugged, sipping my coffee. "Is it still snowing?" I turned around and saw it wasn't, but snow was covering everything.

"What day is it?" Matty questioned.

I picked up my phone, "Friday, August fourth-" I froze. "Shit, shit, shit."

I stood up, setting my coffee down, quickly pulling my pants up. "What?" Matty questioned.

"My siblings are coming down today and I completely forgot," I explained. "Thanks for the coffee, Matty!"

"Sarilynn!" Matty followed me. "My shirt!"

"I'll give it back later," I assured, turning and kissing Matty's lips. "You can come down and meet them if you want, let me text you first though."

"Okay," Matty smiled.

"Bye!"

"Bye babe!" Matty exclaimed, and I smiled at the word.

I rushed downstairs and saw that Genesis and Maverick were standing outside. "Sarilynn," Maverick sighed. "I thought you would be single for a while, like you said."

"Well I lied," I replied, unlocking my door.

"Why does this shirt smell of smoke?" Genesis questioned.

"No reason," I laughed. "But what have you guys been up to?"

"Nothing, school is starting soon," Maverick shrugged.

"That sucks, but you two are so smart I'm expecting good grades from both of you," I smiled, walking into my apartment.

Luckily, Leo cleaned the apartment... that's unusual, but I'm okay with it.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" I asked.

"No thanks," Genesis smiled. "Tell me about your boyfriend, Sari!"

I turned to Genesis shaking my head. "His name is Matty," I answered. "And if you want to know anything else you can ask him yourself."

"Oh! Invite him over!" Maverick suggested. "I need to tell him to take care of you!"

"Mav," I sighed. "I can take care of myself."

"Uncle Ed and Aunt Suzanne think otherwise," Maverick chuckled.

"Well then I might need to speak to Uncle Ed," I laughed.

"Oh! Uncle Ed wanted us to ask you about a party we're throwing! He said you can bring one person, but we can't," Genesis sighed. "It's a family reunion, on Mummy's day."

I took care of Genesis and Maverick when they were little, so the day Mum died we call "Mummy Day." Usually we get the family together and have lunch and chat.

The only problem is that day has always been one of the most difficult for me, and the reunion always reminds me of Mum; mostly because every time I go everyone says how much I look like her.

"Uncle Ed said it might help you get through the day a bit easier," Maverick stated. "You don't have to, of course."

I sighed, "I don't know... I knew the day was approaching, but not this soon."