Chapter 5

They finally reached Tina and Queenie's home, which also felt like home for Newt. Tina opened the front door, and as they walked in, they saw Queenie and Jacob cooking a meal, which seemed quite elaborate. Newt looked puzzled when he saw this, remembering that Jacob had been obliviated.
"What... how?" Newt asked Tina.
"I don't know. One day Queenie went in to his bakery, and he remembered her, and everything else too. I'm not sure how it's possible."
"Hang on a moment..." Said Newt, who seemed to be drawing a conclusion. "I remember telling Jacob about the Swooping Evil's obliviation powers. I specifically told him that it would erase all bad memories. He remembers Queenie, and everything else, well because none of it was a bad memory to him."
Tina just stared stated in awe for a moment, not replying to his hypothesis. Queenie finally noticed Newt and Tina standing in the doorway.
"Newt! I'm so happy your finally here!" Queenie shrieked excitedly. At this, Jacob whirled around.
"Newt," Jacob said with a long pause before saying anything else. "Hey! I can remeber you too!"
Newt just smiled and waved slightly.
"Are... are they like, a thing now?" Newt whispered out of the corner of his mouth to Tina.
"I think so..." Tina answered. A few moments later Queenie gestured at them to sit down as they began bringing plates of food to the table. Tina and Queenie sat at the head of table, while Jacob and Newt say across from each other. Newt desired deeply to move his chair gradually towards Tina, but knowing that would look awkward, he restrained himself. Queenie began to pile food into his plate. Newt, who wasn't that hungry, slowly nibbled at his food, to be polite. After everyone had finished eating, Queenie went to fetch dessert from the kitchen. She pulled an inviting apple pie out of the oven and brought it over to the table, replacing the dinner plates with new clean ones. Again, Queenie began serving him a hearty slice. Newt wasn't planning on eating anymore, but the tempting apple pie looked so delicious that he couldn't resist taking just a couple of bites. Queenie flicked her wand, moving the plates to the kitchen sink, which began washing the dishes by itself.
"Thank you, very much for dinner." Newt said to Queenie and Jacob.
"Of course!" Queenie smiled. After a long silence, Tina finally arose from the table and said "Newt, I'll show you your room." Newt nodded and followed her down the hallway. She opened the door and stepped aside, making room for Newt to enter.