Chapter 22

Without saying another word, Tina dashed off. She raced up the ladder, chasing after Queenie.
"Queenie, i- it's not what you think it is. W-what you saw was, oh, I don't know." Tina stuttered.
"I'm not mad that you were kissing Newt." Queenie said in a flat tone.
"Oh, thank go-"
"I'm mad that you lied to me. You had the chance to tell me the truth, and you continued to lie." Queenie continued, a hint of anger in her voice.
She stormed off before Tina could say anything else.
"Queenie-" She was cut off by the slam of Queenie's bedroom door.
Tears began to stream down her solemn face. She hated herself for lying to her sister, and she was mad at Queenie for acting like this, trying to control her life. Tina went back to Newt's bedroom in the case, falling into Newt's arms. Her sobbing grew more intense the more she thought about it. Newt wanted to ask what happened, but he didn't dare, for he didn't want to make her more upset. He would occasionally mutter phrases like 'It's okay ' or 'Don't worry, everything will be fine' to comfort her. She finally looked up at Newt, who wiped her tears away with his hand. He kissed her before leaving the room. Newt came back a few minutes later with two cups of tea, handing her one and setting the other on the table next to the bed. He gripped her hand tightly to sooth her pain.