Chapter 29

Queenie left for work and Tina got up from the table as well.
"Newt, I'd better get going to work, I'll be back soon though." Tina said as she went to open the door.
"Wait just a moment, think your gonna leave without saying goodbye." Newt smirked as he kissed her, his chest pressed up against hers. He wrapped his arms around her neck as she did the same. Newt ran his fingers through her as he still kissed her. Tina finally pushed him away after a while.
"Newt, I'm sorry, but I really must get going." She panted as she straight her clothes and fixed her hair.
"Okay, see you in a bit." Newt baded her goodbye, somewhat disappointed that she had to leave.
He walked back to his case and sat next to Dougal, using his wand to retrieve Tina's birthday present and some ribbon.
"Oh what am I doing Dougal? Just randomly kissing her like that. She probably hates me for it." Newt sighed to Dougal as if the demiguise was his therapist.
"I just knew that I would fall in love with her all over again if I came here." Newt admitted.
Dougal just looked at him, trying to be sympathetic.
"But why does she love me Dougal, why?" Newt asked the demiguise, as if he was expecting an answer.
Dougal stared at him with his large brown eyes.
"She's probably mad at me. I dunno why, but there's probably a reason for her to be mad at me." Newt worried as he furiously tied a neat bow on the book.
Newt got up and whistles loudly, summoning his creatures. All his creatures came running towards Newt, huddling in a little circle.
"Alright guys, tomorrow is August 19th, do you know what that means?" Newt asked his creatures.
An eager Pickett raised his little hand.
"Yes, Pickett." Newt called on the bowtruckle.
Pickett squeaked.
"Precisely! Tomorrow is Tina's birthday! Now, I want all of you to greet her and say happy birthday, do you understand?" Newt said firmly but kindly.