Chapter 38

~Little time skip from previous chapter~

Newt fiddled with the silver ring in his finger and smiled. He wanted nothing more than to be able to call Tina his wife. But would he have to guts to ask her? That was the problem. He loved her more than anything in the world, but did she feel the same? He felt ready inside, but only one thing was stopping him. The fear of rejection. Fear was something Newt had always struggled with. Not fear of heights or animals and creatures, obviously, but he feared people, he feared what they had to say. He sighed, knowing he would have to make up his mind before Tina came home. He checked the time on his watch.

6:52

Tina would be home in just a few minutes. He bad made up his mind. He was going to ask her to be his wife. About 20 minutes had passed as Newt heard the door open.

"Newt? I'm home." Tina called.

"H-hi Tina..." Newt stuttered. "I have a erm, question for you."

"Okay..." Tina said, looking confused.

"Tina Goldstein, w- will you m- marry me?" Newt stammered as he got down on one knee, presenting the simple wedding band.

"Yes, Newt, of course I'll marry you!" Tina exclaimed with joy. Her smile was brighter than he had ever seen.

She giggled and hugged him as right as ever, never wanting to let go.