Chapter 17

"Hello!" Queenie greeted them!
"Oh, uh, hi." Newt croaked.
"So, what are you up to?" Queenie inquired.
"Um, nothing really." Newt stammered, trying to cover it up.
Queenie gave him a look, as if she knew that he was lying. Newt turned pale, but neither of the girls seemed to notice.
"Well, I'm off to work." Queenie said as she started to climb the ladder. "See you in a little bit!"
Newt was relieved that they weren't caught.
"Finally." Tina exhaled.
Newt pulled her close into his arms again. They just stayed there, for a while. A long time had passed before they released their grip.
"What would I do without you?" Newt huffed.
"I dunno." She replied. "I'm so lucky to have met you. You really do complete me."
"And you complete me." Newt responded. "I love you." He whispered.
"I love you too." Tina muttered. They stayed in an embrace for a while, and Newt leaned in to kiss her. Newt enjoyed Tina as a friend of course, but he loved having her as a romantic partner as well.
"Can I ask you a question?" Tina blurted out randomly.
Newt nodded, telling her to continue.
"Why do you love me?" She asked.
Newt thought for a moment before saying anything.
"From the second I saw you, I fell in love. I don't know what happened, it was magic, but a different kind. Tina, I really feel that were meant to be together. We're just right for each other. I really don't deserve you though. You're smart, amazing, beautiful, talented, you're perfect Tina. And you deserve better than me, but I don't want to let you go. I love you, because you're you, and you are amazing." Newt answered.
Newt's beautiful words drew a tear to Tina's eyes.
"Newt, you're better than I deserve." Tina began, feeling a bit intimidated, for she could never say anything as wonderful as he just did. "I'm really not all that great. But I felt the same thing when I first saw you, it was love at first sight." She smiled sincerely.
They kissed each other, for a long time. It was an amazing feeling. Newt couldn't stop thinking about how lucky he was.