Chapter 25

They spent the rest of the day talking, laughing, and sketching. Newt practiced drawing, which he wasn't too bad at. Tina sighed heavily when she looked at Newt's watch. It was almost time for Queenie to come home, and Tina was absolutely dreading it.
"I'm nervous, Newt. What is she gonna say this time?" Tina said.
"It's gonna be okay, don't worry." Newt assured her as he rubbed her shoulder.
After about 30 minutes after Queenie arrived, she knocked on fhe case without coming, informing them that dinner was ready. She didn't snarl angrily, she spoke in her usual soft, sweet tone. Tina took a deep breath before going up.
"Hi guys!" She greeted them in a happy voice.
"Hello, Queenie." Tina replied, trying not to seem mad or nervous.
Newt just gave a shy nod ans a smile.
"Listen, Tina, I'm sorry about the things I said. I didn't mean it. I was just, you know, upset. I've never not known everything that you've done or said, and I wasn't used to it. I know you weren't lying to me, you were just having a personal, private life, and that's okay with me." Queenie gave them her sincere apology.
"Thank you Queenie. I accept your apology." Tina smiled.
Newt just smiled shyly again. After Newt had finished his meal, he excused himself from the table.
"I, uh, have some, erm, things to do. I'll be in my case." Newt announced as he got up and left to the guest room.
Tina's birthday was coming up, and he wanted to give her something special. He just couldn't think of what to give her.