Chapter 34

"Happy Birthday, I love you." Newt whispered again.
"I love you too."
Newt kissed her again before they both fell asleep. Newt had to wake up before Tina to help Queenie make her favorite breakfast.
It was about 7 in the morning when Newt heard the door crack open. When he opened his eyes, he saw a hushed Queenie beckoning him outside. Newt tried not to moan of drowsiness.
"Okay, I'm coming." He mouthed to Queenie, rising out of bed.
She just rolled her eyes and quietly tiptoes out of the case. Slowly, Newt crawled out of the warm bed and stepped onto the freezing cold floor. He shuddered a bit before sliding on his coat.
"So," He said "What are we making?"
"Waffles!" She said cheerfully, seeming to be fully awake.
"Okay..." He murmered sleepily.
"Will you get the flour from that cupboard, please?" Queenie asked him, pointing to a cabinet.
"Sure." He said.
"So, Teenie is 26 today! I just can't even believe it!" Queenie shrieked, but somehow managed to do so quietly.
Newt just smiled in response, not knowing exactly what to say.
"Oh, and did Tina tell you? Dougal and Elizabeth are going to be parents!" Newt grinned.
"Awww, really! That's adorable!" Queenie sighed with delight.
"I know, Dougal also informed us that the Occamys are going to lay eggs. He's going to have a lot of babysitting to do." Newt chuckled.
"He sure is." Queenie said.
She began mixing and pouring everything into bowls, spilling flour everywhere.
"Is there anything I can do to help?" Newt asked.
Queenie just nodded and passed over a spoon and a bowl full of stuff that apparently needed to be mixed.
"Stir this." She said as she began sifting flour.
Newt began slowly stirring everything together as Queenie started randomly adding the flour into the bowl. Once that was done, she turned on the stove- top waffle iron, which was an unfamiliar piece of equipment to Newt.
"Will you wake Teenie now?" Queenie asked Newt.
Newt nodded and walked away in a tired manner. He slowly crept into the bedroom and gently shook her awake.
"Morning." She said.
"Good morning. Happy birthday Tina!"
"Thanks, Newt. I almost forgot it was my birthday!"