Chapter 19

The moment Newt saw him, tears of happiness began to flow down his cheeks. He ran to Frank, who was landing on the sandy surface.
"Oh Frank, I've missed you so much." Newt cried as he pet the thunderbird.
Tina approached them slowly, and extended an arm to stroke Frank.
"I want to take him back, but I want him to be free. I don't want to be selfish and fulfill my needs, but ignore his." Newt sighed sadly.
He began crying again, tossing his arms around Tina. His sobs soaked Tina's coat, but Tina didn't mind, she knew he was distraught.
"Tina," he sighed. "What do I do?" Newt asked, searching for advice.
"I don't know Newt, I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask. Just follow your heart." Tina answered, placing her hand in his chest.
Newt slowly pulled away from her and approached Frank.
"What do you want, Frankie? Do you want to stay, out in the wild, or do you wanna come home, with me. It's your choice, don't let me influence it." Newt proposed the choice to Frank gently.
Frank gave a squawk, which Newt understood.
"Are you sure, will it really make you happy? Is this what you want?" Newt asked before Frank's decision was final.
Another squawk.
Newt smiled as he stepped back and opened the case. Frank dove in happily as Tina stood in awe, a tear falling down her cheek.
"He chose to stay." Newt smiled.