Story Time

S/n = Son's name
D/n = Daughter's name

///////

*D/n's POV*
I grabbed a butter knife and flung it at the dart board . Bulls eye! I turn to my left to see mom clapping . She walked over to me and hugged me .

"You've mastered it dear" said Mom "I'm proud"

I smiled . I always love making my parents proud . Everyone at school envy my accomplishments but I don't really like boasting about it .
Mom took five knives and with skill threw them at the dart board making a smiley face .

"Mommy can you tell me that story again?" I asked "the story about two spies who fought in the war?"

"But its 9:00 , its bedtime" said mom sternly

"Please?" I begged , I made a little puppy face .

"Fine" said my mom sarcastically "first go upstairs and get ready for
bed "

I quickly raced upstairs and got dressed into my PJs which was a black T-shirt and fake denim cotton shorts . I ran to the bathroom to find my brother s/n brushing his teeth . After we brushed our teeth s/n spoke .

"For once your in a rush to go to bed!" Said s/n amused

"Mom is gonna tell us a story!" I replied excitedly "its about two people fighting in world war 3!"

"Ooooh! Mom's stories are awesome!" Said s/n "I'll race ya to the bedroom!"

Me and s/n raced to the bedroom but s/n won.

"No fair!" I pouted "you're older!"

"d/n we're twins!" Argued s/n

"You're older by six minutes!" I argued back

"Guys!" My mom yelled over the commotion "now isn't the time!"

"Sorry" Me and s/n both said at the same time

*story time in 3rd person*

The girl with h/c hair swung a punch at the punching bag with a brass knuckle.

"build the strength up (nickname) " the girl muttered

She bent her legs slightly as she felt a rush of energy travel up to her first. Once she felt the power she swung a punch at the bag sending it flying. She proceed to attack the bag with her kombat boots as the stuffing came out. Suddenly she heard slow clapping. She turned to see a 14 year old boy with c/h/c coloured hair and c/e/c eyes.

"I thought you said you were going for a run" said the boy

"well knowing you, you'd probably tell me that I work in too much " said the girl whipping the sweat on her forehead with a towel

"that's true" said the boy

"there's a war going on up there and we have to fight it when we're 20" argued the girl "I'm just making sure we don't die out there.... And making sure you don't die too"

The girl sat on the bench staying still. Her eyes started going red and it would've looked like she was going to cry but she wasn't. She never cried. Ever since love brought her down she taught herself not to cry for it doesn't help the situation. Although this time she gave him a chance. She had faith that this guy wouldn't crush her like the last one so she gave herself a chance to love and she was surprisingly lucky. Her eyes became redder and redder by the minute. The boy put his arms around her shoulders hugging her. He was the only person who knew when she was upset.

"wanna fight it off?" he offered

She blinked a few times before turning to him as her eyes were white again with her black eyes lighting up.

"sure" she said happily

They both stood up. The boy swung a punch at the girl but she caught it without a problem. She twisted his knuckle sending him flying. The boy sneakily hugged her from behind and hugged her tight. His muscles wrapped around her waist tightly that when she tried to wriggle out, she failed.

"argh your hurting me!" the girl lied and the boy knew she was.

The boy placed his head on her shoulders and whispered in her ear.

"looks like you need to practice more"

*end of story*

"that's so adorable!" I squealed "they remind me of auntie b/f/n and uncle
c/b/f/n but at the same time reminding me of you and dad"

"the boy kinda is similar to dad" said S/n "was that you and dad when you guys were 14?"

Mom bites her lip before meeting her eyes with ours.

"no... it's just a story dear. Now it's time for both of you to go to bed"

Mom kissed our foreheads and turned off the lights. I wonder if I'll have an adventure like the couple in the story just like them.

*your perspective *

I close the door to my children's bedroom and headed for my bed. I walk in to find  c/n on the laptop.

"what was the story tonight?" asks
c/n, not taking his eyes off his electronic device.

I climb onto the bed and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"ours"

C/n turns to face me with a stern looking expression. He brings a palm to my face and begins to play with my hair.

"Y/n, that life is over now" c/n emphasizes "I don't want our kids to experience losing their parents like we did, we taught them self defence and gave them everything we never had, I don't want to lose our kids over war."

I envelope my arms around him before laying my head on his chest.

"Don't worry, we won't lose them under our watch. We're going to focus on being good parents,"

C/n closes his laptop and kisses you passionately. It's been twenty years since the both of us have gotten married. Yet I still felt the same exact feeling I felt when the both of us first kissed.

"You're the best wife you know that?"

"And you're the best husband out of the whole universe."

//////

To anyone who gets the movie reference and can tell me what movie it is, I love you.