Christmas Special 2017

Merry Christmas to you my lovely readers!

Did you guys get anything this year? If so, what was it?

This year, I got a guitar.
hope you enjoy this one shot, sorry that it's so short!

I love you all!

Song : Noel cover by Pentatonix

P/n= Pet name

////////////////////

Oh, those sunny, freezing days of midwinter – aren’t they beautiful? 

Who doesn’t love a blue sky combined with a sharp, sparkling frost? When you consider the too-frequent alternative – grey skies, a half-dark that never seems to turn into proper daylight – these vivid, colour-bright days are to be treasured. 

So it’s a perfect day to join my oldest friend C/n and take his dozy spaniel, p/n, for a walk. 

(If he doesn't have a dog, pretend he has one)

“You’re just a fair-weather walker,”
C/n complains cheerfully as I get into his car outside my house. “Dogs need to go out every day. Where are you when it’s pouring?”

“At home on the sofa with my cat and a cup of tea, like any sane person,” I tell him, wrapping my scarf round my neck and putting on my gloves. The day may be a sunny one but you wouldn’t want to be without plenty of the wrap-up-warm kind of clothes.

P/n smells. He sits at my feet on the car floor and I get a distinct whiff of spaniel. C/n, of course, denies this – for him, his pet is perfect. There are so many things we disagree on, but we’re comfortable with our differences and can bicker like a contentedly ageing couple, even though “a couple” is the last thing we’d be.

We do like to get out on our own, though, out of town with p/n for long wanderings in the sun and a catch-up on news and gossip. With other friends around, in a party somewhere, there’s always someone keeping an eye on us, eager for signs that the two most determinedly “just good friends” might at last be getting together. Especially two old people called called shippers and this weird girl with dark hair and grey Nike prestos who is nonstop on her phone, especially Christmas last year when they had a party.

Reader : TRUMP!!!! YOUR NEED TO BUILD ANOTHER FOURTH WALL!! THE AUTHOR JUST BROKE IT

Trump : Fuck this shit I'm out

Always They’ll be a long time watching. We’ve known each other too many years for that.

I’m happy to be single. For Lent, I gave up the man I’d been seeing, O/c/n as it wasn’t going anywhere, though it turned out that he was. He was off on holiday with a fringe-skirted, slut ty ass tic called R/v. Apparently, according to a well-meaning friend, I should have reached the maybe-next-time stage, but I’m happy to be the cheery life-and-soul single woman who people can invite along without having to know I'm busy taking care of my so called boyfriend .

C/n said, after I’d had a bit of a grump about the ex, “He wasn’t right for you. He was the sort for a wicked weekend but not someone you’d hold hands with.”

And he was right. Like the dogs/Christmas thing, hand holding is for life. Naughty mini-breaks are just… mini, in the end.

"And plus, o/c/n isn't dope fresh like me" C/n rambled on

My eyes widened "WAIT WHAT?!"

"ehm.. Nothing!"

It was quiet for a few mimed ur to the awkward atmosphere being set. C/n was the first person to break it.