Identical

I'd like to apologise for the length of this one shot. I had to get this typed at the last minute for scheduling is not on my side right now. I have other one shots still in drafts and a few requests so they should keep me busy for a while. Especially the intense plotting I'll have to do for 100k.

Speaking of which, thank you all for 90k! You will never understand how grateful I am.

The next few one shots will be a lot longer, I promise.

S/n = Sister's name

If you don't have a twin nor a sister, insert a person you know similar to you that you envy a lot.

Not proofread.

/////

You both sat face to face in 'Addiction', both your favourite coffee shop. Usually, the place oozed with contagious excitement. It felt different today. Both of you did not feel like grabbing your comforting cups of cappuccino.

"I will talk to him Y/n! You can't procrastinate this anymore!" S/n spoke, opening her arms wide like the wings of an eagle.

You sat silently drawing invisible circles on the table.

"He will never know that I am impersonating you," she spoke with infinite reassurance. Laughing at the stone faced expression of you, her twin "Remember, identical twins do not need mirrors Y/n. Except our parents, only a handful of people are able to distinguish between us. It will take others years to match our faces to our names!"

An identical twin sister is more than just a sister. She is almost a part of your body. Y/h/c hair , flawless skin,
y/e/c eyes and dimpled smiles; that's all you both had in common, really!

(Feel free to exaggerate about your features in your mind)

The world begged to differ though. The fact that you both were identical twins did not mean that you both could read each other's minds. Surely, there were many people who thought they did not need mirrors in their home.

S/n's argument seemed extremely logical. C/n would probably get fooled. She had been trying to make him see their relationship with a fresh pair of eyes, but he was having a hard time seeing it.

You had always been the one with the ice cream heart, melting at the first rays of emotion. C/n was your closest friend. It hurt her to see him hurt. But you had to tell him firmly that this wasn't working out!

S/n on the other hand mastered the art of talking to people in an iron tone. Nobody messed with her. That's exactly why she was the perfect person to bell the cat.

"Text him and ask him to meet you now, right here," commanded S/n, tapping the table with finality.

Nodding meekly, you obeyed.

"Wait! Too crowded in here," commented S/n, holding her hand out like a traffic policeman.

Scanning the packed tables and loud chatter of people clustered like bunches of grapes.

"the top floor of this cafe would be perfect! It has a quiet, pretty, lounge" she smiled confidently.

"Take care," you say.

Your eyes buried on the screen of your phone, fingers moving like rabbits as you texted him. S/n stood up to leave.

"I am good at this sis!" assured S/n, hugging her loosely.

S/n moved to the elevator. A smooth buttery grin appeared on her face. Settling down on the emerald green cushion of the cane chair, she typed her heart out on her phone.

When I hold your hand
time flies like wind in the sand
with you I feel life is grand
forever looking into your eyes, I could stand
If only I had a magic wand
till eternity we would stay, hand in hand.

She had recently discovered that she was falling in love with c/n. She bumped into him so often because her twin and he spent a lot of time together. Their brief exchange of words when he came home to meet you turned into long, interesting conversations.

She instantly felt a magnetic attraction towards him. But when she learnt that he had proposed to Y/n, she kept her emotions locked inside. She was heartbroken but made sure she never let it show. She loved her twin sister more than anything else in the world. Unexpectedly, life had given her a second chance.

Shiny c/e/c hair, defined cheekbones (or not) , c/e/c eyes with a deep throated voice, he could sweep any woman off her feet. Musky perfume floated in the air. He was here.

S/n turned around to see him walking towards her. She raised her hand excitedly to wave, feeling stupid about it immediately. You had texted him the exact spot for the meeting.

A soft smile danced on his lips as they exchanged a quick hug.

"I thought we were meeting tomorrow sweetie," he said coming to the point quicker than she had expected.

Her heart pounded as she wondered if he had recognized her already. S/n had played this game before. And she had always won.

"I want to say something really important. It can't wait till tomorrow C/n," she said the words rushing out of her mouth like a car speeding on a race track.

Covering her palm with his, he knitted his eyebrows together. Nodding his head, he urged her to continue.

"I know I have been talking about ending our relationship" she said in an earnest voice, holding his artistic fingers in her manicured hands. "I was wrong. No one can keep you happier than me. I am in love with you!" she sighed with relief as she finished.

Her eyes gleamed as she spoke. Her cheeks flushed candy pink. After an uncomfortable silence, C/n cleared his throat. Their eyes met. S/n was disturbed to see a dead pan expression on his face.

Releasing his hand from her gentle grip, he stood up. "Nice try S/n! I was always in love" he said, his eyes piercing through her heart. "With
Y/n" he finished and turned his back to leave. Muffled sobs followed him. We look the same and yet we are so different, thought S/n as she watched him walk away briskly.

////////

Well there ya go, sorry again for this being really short.

This will be the last time I'll be asking for questions for my next one shot for Y/n and C/n so if any of you would like to comment questions, this is the last chance.

It will be published by tomorrow or Monday. Speaking of which, I'll have to go back to writing other parts and such!

Until my next update!

-H.A.