100 Years

'-' = new scene / time skip

D/n =Daughter's name
S/n = Son's name
F/b= Favourite book

*not proofread*

Dedicated to you. One of my awesome readers.

//////////////

Aged sixteen, you enter the school premises like any average day of school.
It was the start of a new year, filled with many hopes and opportunities. You grab all your necessary books for your first classes and scurry over to your favourite place in the entire school, the library.

The library was like your getaway hideout from the stressful world of yours. You needed an escape.

So you escaped to other magical worlds taking the eyes upon the heroic protagonist, loathing all the people who tried to hurt him or her.
You even cried with them as an innocent life along the way has been taken.

Your hand grasps the cold metal door handle and turn it slightly with the flick of your wrist.
The room was decorated in books filling every nook and cranny.

The atmosphere smelled like fresh pine. A small oak table was in the middle of the room making it the centre piece of the entire library.
Some of the books were tattered and dog eared ; Some even with broken ripped spines.

You grimace at the scenery in front of you. You never cared if the books weren't great with appearance, it's the story that counts. After all, never judge a book by its cover.

You fish out your book that you read over the holidays from your backpack.
It was f/b, a great classic and probably one of the best books you've ever read in a while.
You return it to the shelves that were all sorted in alphabetical order and go off and find your next world to escape to.

You felt as though you've read every single book in this library. Somewhat, extremely difficult to find the right book.
Your fingertips skimmed lightly across the shelves for many hours and minutes. Your eye, at long last - finally catches a book.

A book made of leather in a silver lining. You slowly extend your hand to grab the book and clasp it with your two hands.

But what you didn't grip onto wasn't the rough hardback of the book spine, but actually a hand. Your hands met with another, reaching for the same book.

You turn around to see who the owner of the hand was and it belonged to a male.
He was around your age. With scruffy (or neat) c/h/c hair and c/e/c eyes. (feel free to exaggerate)

"Sorry I didn't see you there" he apologises

"it's.. Its fine"

You weren't the best at talking to people especially around guys so this was quite an awkward situation for you.

"Y-you can take the book" you began

"N-no!! It's fine! - take it!"

You look at him dumbfounded. Slowly, with your eyes still piercing through his, you take the book.

"Thank you" you continue "I'm y/n by the way"

The c/h/c haired boy smiles and pulls out a random book from the bookshelf. He extends his free hand forward for you to shake. You feel a small tingling sensation in your cheeks as you gladly accept his gesture.

-

"This book is horrible!!!" your seventeen year old self grunted. You flick a few pages in frustration and close the hardback. "The character barely has any flaws, the plot makes no sense and the antagonist isn't even doing his job as the antagonist properly!!"