Chapter 4

"Laur, Laurie, LAURA GET YOU'RE ASS UP!," was what I woke up to.
"what time is it?," I asked rubbing my eyes.
"almost 11:30," he spoke and laid down next to me.
"what do you have planned today?," he asked as his blonde hair covered his hazel eyes.
"nothing," I answered.
"guess again," he said.
"spend time with you?," I guessed. The cheeky smile on his face said it all.
"no! My worst nightmare has come true!," I said.
"shut up," he said and tossed a pillow at me.
"I'm going to leave so you can change," he said and left my room. I slowly got out of my warm, comfortable bed and made my way to the closet and changed into some clothes my hands chose.

Once done I went down stairs to eat breakfast made by the best chef in the world:
Ross' mom.
"morning Laura. Finally decided to get up I see."
"I still would've been sleeping if someone didn't wake me up," I said and glared and Ross who merely shrugged.
"so what are you guys planning on doing today?," she asked as she emptied my eggs from her frying man into my plate.
"not sure. Ross hasn't told me yet," I spoke and looked up to see a... smirk on her face?
"come on Laur. We're going to be late hurry up," Ross whined.
"late for what?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"band practice," he said.
"really? You brought me here to watch you guys rehearse?," I asked.
"no. Laur, remember when we were little- uh oh. 'When we were little' is never a good conversation starter," I interrupted.
"when was the last time we sung together?," he asked.
"umm... oh! The day you turned 13," I said.
"so that was 8 years ago," he said.
"wow Ross. You can do math. I'm so proud of you," I said and smiled.
"well Laur. I'm more than just a pretty face." I couldn't help but laugh.
"so Come on. sing with me," he begged.
"what song?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Courtney's POV
I walked into the venue hoping to find Ross. Rocky told me he would be here but I didn't expect him to be with Laura.
" the closer I get to you"
" the more you'll make me see"
" by giving you all I've got"
" your love has captured me" I didn't know what to do. That was one of the most romantic duets ever made.

Ross didn't sing it with me... he sung it with Laura. I made my presence clear by clapping.

There heads shot towards me.
" hey babe," Ross said and kissed my cheek.
Laura's POV
Yeah! Courtney's here!

I don't know what it is but something about her bugs me.
"what song were you guys singing?," she asked clinging to Ross for dear life.
"the closer I get to you" by Roberta Flack ft. Donny Hathaway," I said.
"isn't that song... I don't know... romantic?," she asked.
"just a song Courtney," Ross said and kissed her temple. I wanted to gag.

What... no. I want Ross to be happy.

Besides I'm with Rocky. And I don't like Ross.
"Laur?"
"hmm?," I asked.
"I've been calling your name for... 2 minutes. Come on," Rocky said tugging my hand.
"when did you get here?," I asked as I got in his car.
"2 minutes ago," he said and started his car.
"where are we going?," I asked.
"on a date."