Chapter 17

On the first day of shooting I was a little nervous. I can admit that.

I'm starting to wonder if dropping out of college was the right choice.
"hey, it was the right choice," Ross said and gave my hand a little squeeze.
"how did you- Laur, we've been best friends for 18 years," he said and smiled. I nodded.
"hey everyone, as you know, I'm Kevin and this is Heath," Kevin announced. We went over the schedules,roles, and wardrobe until it was time to go home.

Ross drove me home and I flopped onto my bed. Just as I was about to shut my eyes my phone buzzed.

I picked it up off of my nightstand and turned it on. I got a text message from... Rocky? It read:
Hey Laur. Can we talk?
I really didn't want to but I figured I owed it to him.
L: sure. Where do you wanna talk?
R: the park. I'll see you there in 10 minutes.
I rolled out of bed and started walking to the park.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got to the park Rocky was there waiting for me. I waved and he waved back.
"so... what do you wanna talk about?," I asked and sat down.
"why did you choose me?," he asked and sat down beside me.
"what are you talking about?," I asked.
"you know. The last time I talked to you, you said you used me just to spend more time with Ross. Why me?," he repeated his question with more explanation.
"I don't know," I replied honestly.
" Laura, please tell me why you chose me," he said and turned his body so he was facing me.
"at first I didn't know I was just using you to spend more time with Ross. I thought I actually liked you that way but... when I broke up with you... Vanessa told me something and she was right... I was using you as an excuse to get to see more of Ross and I'm sorry," I said.
"well, when did you realize you " liked me"?," he asked using air quotes on the words ' liked me'.
"when you picked up Ross' phone that day and I got to know you. It just became a normal routine to call you and Ross. I spent so much time talking to you that I " fell in love" I'm sorry Rocky. I really am," I said and turned to face him.
"it's fine. I just wanted to know why you chose me," he said and got up to leave.
"wait, Rocky!," I shouted and ran up to him.
"I'm so sorry that I did this to you, but you'll find someone way better than me. Someone that you're going to love and cherish. She's out there. I just hope we could be friends?," I asked. He nodded and gave me a small smile.
"friends," he said and walked away.