Chapter 5

We stoped at a drive through of Grease but I couldn't sit still so I picked up my phone and found out I had a missed message. I unlocked my phone and I think I looked like a ghost.

Rocky seemed to notice so he grabbed my hand.
"Laur, are you okay?," he asked.
"yeah. I- I'm just tired," I lied and turned my attention back to the movie.
"Laur, why are lying to me?," he asked.
"can you just take me home?," I asked.
"Laur- take me home Rocky," I said again and he started the engine without anymore questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened the door with the spare key Ross gave me and jogged up the stairs so fast I almost fell. Ross must have noticed this because he left Courtney and ran after me.
Ross' POV
"Laur!," I called and left Courtney to go find Laura but I was pulled back.
"if she doesn't want to talk to me what makes you think she wants to talk to you?," Rocky asked.
"I'm her best friend," I stated trying to get out of his grip.
"I'm her boyfriend of 11 months," he spat tightening his grip.
"yeah? Well I'm her best friend of 18 years," I said and broke out of his grip. I ran up the stairs and knocked on her door.
"Laura, please open the door," I said as the door swung open.
"hey are you okay?," I asked. All she did was hug me and cry into my shirt.
"Laur, did Rocky do something?," I asked as I stroked her hair. She shook her head.
"you know you can tell me anything," I said. She lifted her head from my chest.

Her chocolate brown eyes staring into my hazel ones. I don't know why but I felt so anxious to hold her and never let her go.

But all good things have to come to an end.
She wiped her tears and looked back up at me.
"this is going to sound so stupid," she said.
"Laur, everything that comes out of your mouth is stupid," I said and saw a small smile on her face.
"uhh... well Velvet... died. Half an hour ago," I said.
"oh Laur," he said and hugged me again.
"you know. Pixie died a year ago," I said in hope to cheer her up.
"really?," she asked and I nodded.
"Velvet was your best friend. I know that. Pixie was mine. You'll get it over it."
"promise?," she asked.
"Promise," I said and held out my pinkie for her to hook which she did.
"can you stay here tonight?," she asked and I nodded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked over at Laura one more time.
"goodnight, Laur."