Chapter 20

"Laura. Laura, honey get up please." I opened my eyes to see... my mom?
"mom!," I screamed and hugged her.
"do you want to explain to me why your sister had to tell me you're on TV show and not you?," she asked and smiled.
"oh... I guess I forgot," I said sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck.
"well I'm proud of you. You're finally making a name for yourself. Just like your sister," she said and hugged me.
"even if I had to drop out of college to do it?," I asked and pulled away from the hug.
"Laur, you know your father and I'll support you no matter what," she said and smiled.
"speaking of dad... where is he?," I asked.
"he's flying in tomorrow... said he had to take care of something," she said and shrugged. I went into the bathroom to change.

Once done I went downstairs for breakfast to see Ross and my mom talking.
"Laura, you didn't tell me Ross was in town again," She scolded me.
"I guess I forgot about that, too," I replied.
"well, Ross. You and your family should come over for dinner," my mom said cheerfully.
"oh I don't know Mrs- Ross," she cut him off.
"it's Ellen."
"well, Ellen, I don't think- Ross," I cut him off.
"your family can come," I finished and put my plate in the sink.
"I made up with Rocky. They can come, Ross," I said and sat beside him.
"are you sure?," he asked and faced my mom and I. We both nodded.
"I'll let them know," he said and walked away. Well... this will be awkward.