Chapter 12

Ross' POV
I walked into my house carrying Laura in my arms. I put her in my room than went back downstairs.
"what's she doing here, Ross?," Rocky asked.
"she fell asleep at the park so I just took her here," I said and made my way to the kitchen to get some cookie dough ice cream.
"she can't stay," he stated.
"why not?," I asked and took my bowl of ice cream to the couch.
"because she's my ex-girlfriend," he said and sat in between me and Riker.
"she's my best friend, Rocky," I said.
"and my sister," Vanessa chimed in.
"I don't care who she is! She's my ex-girlfriend and she always will be!," he screamed and went upstairs. Afraid of what he might do to Laura, Vanessa and I made our way to my room to check on Laura.
Laura's POV
I woke up and looked around. I was in Ross' room.

That boy is so caring.
"hi, Laura," Rocky said and sat beside me.
"hi... look, Rocky I'm really sorry I did this to you. I know I hurt you but- but what, Laura," he said interrupting me.
"I'm sorry, Rocky. I'm sorry for everything but especially for breaking your heart," I said and looked up at him.
"not as sorry as I am," he said and left. I shook off that thought and made my way downstairs when I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see Ross.
"hey you're up," he said.
"no, Ross. I'm sleep walking," I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes at me.
"so what do you wanna do?," he asked taking my hand and bringing me down the stairs.
"well I'd like to read," I said.
"noooo! Laura, we have class tomorrow. Can we at least do something fun?," he begged.
"like what?," I questioned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"this is your idea of fun? Embarrassing me?," I questioned as he handed me a mic.
"I'm not going to embarrass you. We're going to sing than after awhile we figure out what to do with the money we get," he said and took his guitar, Luna, out of her case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" come on out and dance, alright"
" come on out, n' make romance" we sang as we finished the song Wild Night by Van Morrison. The little audience that crowded around began to clap and drop dollar bills in Luna's case.

Once they cleared out Ross counted the money.
"how much?," I asked.
" $200," he answered.
"are you serious?," I asked and he nodded.
"what are we going to do with $200?," I questioned.
"you can let me take you out to dinner," he answered. I know he was only doing it to be sweet but I couldn't help but think he was asking me out.
"no, Ross. $200 is way too much to spend on dinner," I objected.
"come on, Laura. When was the last time someone spent $200 dollars on you. You deserve it," he answered.
"alright, alright," I said and caved.
"what time is it now?," I questioned.
"3:00," he answered.
"pick me up at 8:00," I said and walked away with a huge smile on my face.