Chapter 11

When Vanessa opened the door the room was completely empty.
"where'd they go?," I asked Vanessa.
"brother bonding," Rydel answered entering the room.
"where?," I asked and took Vanessa's car keys out of her hand.
"the park," Rydel said as I left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ross! Rocky!," I called to them. They turned to me and smiled.

Rocky got up to greet me.
"hey! Um... what are you d-doing here?," he asked running his hand through his hair.
"look, Rocky. I'm sorry things didn't work out between us," I said.
"what do you mean didn't work out between us?," he asked taking my hand in his. I lightly pulled it out of his grip.
"I realized I was only dating you as an excuse to see more of Ross," I said and walked towards Ross.
"I missed you. A lot, Ross. You're my best friend and... I don't want to loose you," I said.
"how would you loose me?," he asked.
"if I loose you to Courtney. Or some other girl back in Colorado," I said and he smiled.
"Laur. You'll always be my favourite girl," he said and wrapped his arm around me.
"what about me, Laura!," Rocky screamed.
"I love you!," he screamed again.
"Rocky- no, Laura. I loved you and you didn't. All those kisses... were just faked. They weren't real. I can't believe you," he said and left.
"Rocky- give him time to cool off. He'll come around," Ross interrupted.
"look. I'm really sorry for causing all this trouble between you and your family," I said and looked back at Ross.
"they'll get over it. If not... tough shit," he said which caused a small smile to spread on my face.
"I love you, Ross."
"love you too, Laurie," he said and kissed my forehead rocking me back and forth. I slowly shut my eyes and began to feel lifeless.