Chapter 7

I rolled onto my side so I was facing my alarm clock. 10:30.

Okay that's still early I can sleep in til- 10:30!
"Raini! I'm late, why didn't you wake me up?," I asked.
"all classes were cancelled so I decided to let you sleep. Well Ross did," she said.
"oh, Laura's up already," Calum groaned and placed a five dollar bill in Ross' hand.
"I'm not going to ask," I said and went into the bathroom to change. I came out a couple minutes later and pulled out a book to read.
"no," Ross said and took the book out of my hand.
"why did you do that?," I asked trying to reach for my book.
"I did not come all the way to California to watch you read. I came to spend time with my best friend," he said and put my book on my night stand. Before I could reach for it Ross grabbed my hand.
"come on," he said and pulled me out of my dorm room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"why are we here?," I asked and rested my back against a tree.
"this is where we got offered record deals but you turned it down," he said and sat down next to me.
"I was 16, Ross. I wanted to go to college," I said.
"that still doesn't mean you can't sing. Come on, Laur. Sing with me," he said and nudged me.
"no," I said.
"what do you have against singing? You have an amazing voice." I couldn't help but blush.
"I don't have anything against singing. But why do I have to sing?," I asked.
"we used to do it all the time when we were kids. Right at this very spot. Come on, Laur. Sing with me. Please," he begged and I gave in.
Courtney's POV
With Ross at college I decided to come to this park and read when I heard singing. It sounded like Ross.

I got curious and started walking towards the sound. What I found shocked me.
" I'll be your cloud up in the shy"
" I'll be your shoulder when you cry"
" I'll hear your voices when you call me"
" I'm your angel"
" and when all hope is gone, I'm here"
" no matter how far you are, I'm near"
" it makes no difference who you are"
" I am your angel"
" I'm your angel"
I didn't know what to do... again. I just decided to clap.

That made their faces, which were inches apart I might add, back away from each other.
"I'm going to go," Laura said about to get up.
"no, Laura. You stay. I'm clearly not wanted anymore." And with that I marched away from Laura but closed the door for me and Ross.

AnxiousOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara