Chapter 5

Ashton's POV
-
After seeing Amanda drive off, we all climbed into my vehicle. We were trying to figure out where she would go, until Stryker told us.

"Guys, she went to talk to her best friend." He said in a heart wrenching tone. It hit us all like lighting, seeing that it was true. We all went back to Dalton and Amanda's house to wait for her. Upon arriving we all sat in the living room, counting down the hours until Amanda came home.

Around eleven o'clock me and the rest of the boys started falling asleep. At three o'clock in the morning, I heard the front door open and close. I quickly shot up off the couch and went to see her. When I saw her, she had tear stains running down her beautiful face.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her, not letting her go. Surprisingly, she wrapped her arms around me. We stayed like that until she was about to fall asleep. I picked her up bridal style and brought her up to her room.

"Thank you Ashton." She says before dozing off. Right before I leave the room I hear her mumble in her sleep, "Don't leave yet." So I stay where I am until I see her more comfortable looking couch. As soon as I closed my eyes, I'm fast asleep.
-
The next morning, I wake up to see Amanda sleeping next to me on the couch. Not wanting to wake up the sleeping angel, I let her sleep some more. I walk downstairs to see the boys giving me funny looks.

"Amanda came home around three last night, I didn't want to wake you fellas up. I was going to come back downstairs but, she told me to stay with her." The boys' confused expressions turned to happy ones. "Oooo, Ashton is gonna get a girlfriend." Michael teases before Stryker and Dalton hit him upside the head.

After a bit, Amanda comes downstairs to get something to eat. She sits next to me at the table, not saying a word. After a while, she is finished and goes back upstairs to her room.

"I think you guys should head home for a bit. I don't think she'll want to talk to anyone for a while." Listening to what Dalton says, we all say goodbye to him and head for our own homes.

I help my brother and sister with their homework and other things. I also help my mum with lunch and dinner, seeing how she's become more stressed with work. That night I lay in bed, thinking of Amanda. Not to long after, I'm asleep thinking of the darling angel.
-
I'm suddenly taken out of my sleep when rocks are being thrown at my window. I quickly open it to see a tired looking Amanda. She waves her arm vigorously, telling me to come over. I quickly throw a shirt on before jumping through the windows.

"Can you just lay with me for a bit?" Amanda asks quietly and I nod. She gets back into her bed, me following her. She cuddles close to me, making my heart swell. We sit like this in complete silence until she falls asleep.

I quickly get back over to my room, knowing Dalton will be checking her room soon. I get back and close my window just in time. I lay back down in bed, missing the warmth Amanda gave me. I eventually fall asleep, wishing Amanda was still in my arms.
-
Amanda's POV
-
When I got home from seeing Skylar that night, all I wanted to do was cry. Before I could do anything, I was in someone's arms. Ashton's scent soon was all around me. I soon wrapped my arms around Ashton, not wanting to let him go.

Seeing how I was about to pass out, Ashton carried me up to my room and laid me in my bed. I simply whispered, "Thank you Ashton." He was about to leave before I said, "Don't leave yet." He didn't. Instead he laid on the couch and fell asleep. I couldn't sleep still.

I tiptoed over to the couch, and soon was tangled up with Ashton. I was finally able to fall asleep.
-
The next morning I woke up all by myself on the couch. I tiptoed into the bathroom, not wetting the boys know I'm awake. I quickly tamed my hair and used the bathroom.

After another ten minutes I went downstairs to eat breakfast with the boys. I sat next to Ashton, wanting and needing to stay close to him. All I wanted in that moment was to either hold his hand or be wrapped in his arms.

After I finished my breakfast I went back upstairs to my room. I could hear Dalton telling the boys something, then I heard them all leave. Dalton soon came up to my room, noticing that I was turned into a human cocoon.

"I don't think Ashton knew he was going to be there." Dalton chuckled and I nodded. "Me neither." I softly whispered. "Amanda, please don't go back into your shell. I don't want to lose my sister all over again." Dalton says, sounding like he's on the verge of crying. I quickly wrap my arms around him, my way of saying I won't.
-
Later that night I still can't sleep. So instead of going to get my sleeping pills, I throw rocks at Ashton's window. When he finally opens it, I notice that he's shirtless. I signal him to come over, and he does.

"Can you just lay with me for a bit?" I ask him and he nods. I quickly get back into the bed, Ashton following in suit. I quickly huddle up to his side, letting his scent takeover my senses. When I eventually fall asleep, I feel Ashton's presence disappear.

I quickly open my eyes to see him hopping back over to his room. I hear my door open as Ashton closes his window, I close my eyes. I close my eyes and think of Ashton.