Chapter 30

Amanda's POV
-
"Thanks for coming Amanda. I know it's hard on you and the kids to come from Australia. Especially under these circumstances." Alexandra says before we leave for the airport and I nod. The kids and I were both dressed for the plane ride home.

"It's no problem, I didn't want to divorce your son. But, I can't stand cheating. That's a bad influence for the children. They still love Archer deeply though." I say looking at the three little ones with their aunt Aubrey.

"I know darling, thank you for making Archer happy all those years. I wish he wasn't as stupid as he was to let you go." She says and I laugh. "Your son was perfect Alexandra, there was love in the relationship for a while. I still don't know what happened." I tell her looking around the room.

"Amanda do you know who he kissed?" Alexandra ask and I shake my head. "Well, he told us through a letter that he fell out of love with you. He loved you but he wasn't in love with you at the end. I'm sorry I had to tell you this Amanda." Alexandra said and I shake my head.

"It's alright. I was bound to figure out one way or another." I tell her and she smiles. "Ms. Addams? Your jet is ready for take off." I nod. "Thank you Alexandra. I'll bring the kids home for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We better be off." I say waving goodbye to the Richards family as the little ones and I get on the plane.

"Mommy?" I hear Addison say. "I miss daddy." She says and I nod. "I do to honey."
-
"How did it go?" Ashton asks. The boys came over the next day, I was letting them get used to the time zones again. "I think it went well. The Richards understood why we had the divorce, and were very happy about us coming."

They listen intently as I speak, not missing a single word. "Well, at least they think of you as family still." I nod before speaking the next bit. "Alexandra told me by the end of the marriage he fell out of love with me."

"How can someone stop loving you? Your absolutely perfect." Michael says and I laugh. "Thanks, but frankly it's really easy. I'm not that special." I tell them putting the empty plates in the dishwasher.

"Oh, I was going to ask if you'd watch the kids in two weeks. I have to go to London to set up the next office sight." They look at each other and nod. "I have four guest rooms if you want to stay here." I tell them and they nod.

"Mommy!" I hear Archer yell and I run upstairs to find him. "What's wrong baby?" I say cuddling him close to me. "I h-had a dream t-that me, Andrew, and A-Addison were the reason d-daddy d-died." Archer says crying and I rock him back and worth.

"It's not your fault baby. Daddy didn't want to be in pain anymore sweetie. Daddy loved you and your siblings very much." I say kissing his head as he falls asleep.
-
Ashton's POV
-
Amanda is leaving for a week today, somehow trusting us with her adorable children. She kisses and hugs and waves them goodbye before leaving for her jet. "So kids? What shall we do today?" I ask the little ones as they smile at each other.

"Pool time!" Andrew says as the three rush up to their rooms. They each come back down in their swimsuits.
(Andrew and Archer's then Addison's)

"Go put yours on!" The little ones say and we nod

"Go put yours on!" The little ones say and we nod. We all go to our rooms and change, coming down with our swim trunks on.
"C'mon uncle Miky, Lukey, and Cal!" Andrew yells rushing to where the pool must be.

"What am I to you kids? Chopped liver?" I ask and they shake their heads. "Mommy says we can't say what you are to us because mommy says it's private." Addison says confusing the boys and I.

"What?" We say simultaneously.

"MOMMY LIKES YOU, YOU NINNY!" Archer yells from where the pool is. "ARCHER MOMMY SAID NOT TO TELL HIM!" Addison yells running after her brother.

"Well I ship it." Luke says making the boys and I laugh. "You finally have your shot Ash." Calum says and I smile. "It only took eight years."
-
Amanda's POV
-
"Olivia, Brooklyn. What a pleasure to finally see you." I say and they hug. "It's great to see you as well. I see the clan didn't join." Olivia smirks and I laugh.

"Actually, the boys of 5 seconds of summer are watching them for the week." I say and their jaws drop. "Those Australian hotties?! Jesus, I haven't seen them in forever." Olivia says and I nod. "They came and saw us when we got back. They think of three of them as uncles and one as their dad." I say smiling of the memory.

Flashback

"Mommy! Where are you?" Andrew yells and I shout back, "In the kitchen baby!" I yell as Ashton chuckles. "Mommy, can Ashton tuck us in tonight?" I look at him and he nods.

"Why don't you, Archer, and Addison get ready for bed and we'll be up." Andrew nods and runs back up the stairs. "Your kids are really something." Ashton chuckles.

"Well, that's true. Andrew leads the pack as the oldest. Archer follows and so does Addison. She looks up to her older brothers, and it's pretty amazing." Ashton smiles at me, a dazzle in his eyes.

"Huh, reminds me of someone." He says looking at me. "Ya know, those kids kinda look like you and me. I mean, Archer and I both have the same hair color."

"True, that's interesting Ash." I say as Andrew calls us up. "Duty calls." He says and I nod. "I'll be up in second." He nods as I think for a second.

It took eight years to feel this way with Ashton all over again.