Chapter 6

Amanda's POV
-
The next week at school was no different from the first. I hung out with the boys all day pretty much, with Ashton crawling into my room to help me sleep. If Dalton hasn't picked up on it yet, he will soon.

"Amelia?" I hear an unfamiliar voice from behind me say. I turn around to see a dark haired boy with bold blue eyes. "Uh, hi?" I tell him.

"Um, I'm Lincoln Grant. I was told to find you." He says confidently in his thick British accent and I nod. "Okay, let me see your schedule." He hands it to me with ease. "You have home room, lunch, and history class with me." I tell him and he nods. I lead him to homeroom, finding the other boys.

"Guys, this is Lincoln. Lincoln these are my friends Ashton, Michael, Luke, Calum, and Stryker." I introduce them all before the teacher takes attendance. We all sit in silence, as the boys look Lincoln up and down. Ashton and Stryker both send him glares, which don't affect Lincoln.

after home room, Michael leads Lincoln to their Science class. Ashton, Stryker, and I head to our math class. "I don't like him." Ashton and Stryker both mumble at the same time.

"He can't be that bad, I mean he seems nice." I say shrugging and they both give me a strange look. "Sure, if you like guys that eye rape you." Ashton says angrily, right before the bell rings.

We listen to the teacher talk, my eyes constantly looking over at Ashton. His eyes always meet mine, making me take a deep breath. Once the bell rings I'm heading to history class, Lincoln joining me.

I see Ashton tense up once Lincoln sits incredibly close to me. Once the bell rings the teacher starts class. "Alright, we will be doing a project. Tell us about a huge part of any continents history. Groups of two, our assigned partners." We all groan, looking at our assigned partners. Ashton and Lincoln both don't have a partner, and don't know what we're learning.

"Amanda? Can I speak with you?" The teacher says and I nod. I quickly walk to the front of the room, trying to shake off the attention. "Would you be willing to be part of the group of three with Lincoln and Ashton?" I nod my head and the teacher smiles. "Alright thank you." I nod once more, returning to my seat. I turn and see Ashton and Lincoln glaring at each other.

"If you don't stop glaring at each other your necks will be snapped." I tell the two and they instantly stop. "Thank you. Since it can be any continent, we'll do North America." I tell them and they both groan. "Why can't we do Australia?" Ashton asks. "Because everyone else is, we need to do something different."
-
"I don't see why he has to come." Ashton huffs and I laugh. "Because he's part of the group project?" I tell him as he keeps complaining all the way to lunch. "Besides, he's coming to my house not yours." I tell him. He huffs in annoyance, looking like an adorable five year old.

"Calm down Ash, we'll be done soon enough." I tell him as we get our lunch and join the other boys at our table. "What has his panties in a twist?" Calum asks as Ashton glares at him. I hit Ashton upside the head. "Hey, uncalled for!" He says and I laugh. He rubs his neck while I tell the boys about History class.

Eventually leave, heading to the library to check out books for our project. I wave to the boys before walking out of the cafeteria.
-
Ashton's POV
-
"Dude, you look like you're gonna kill someone." Calum tells me as soon as Amanda is out of earshot. "I probably will, that Lincoln kid seems weird." I tell the boys as we eat the rest of our lunch.
-
I was walking Amanda home after school, we were talking about really weird and random stuff. "No, what would a chicken even be doing at a funeral?" Amanda says laughing as we get closer and closer to her house. "I don't know, paying its respects to the family?" I say making her laugh even more. "That is probably one of the most funniest things I've ever heard." She says wiping tears from her eyes.

We talk more and more as we walk to her house, her blonde hair sparkling in the sunlight. Her Steele blue eyes look lighter in the light. Her infectious laugh making the sun look dull. When we step into her house, everything is quiet except for the kitchen. We walk in to see Dalton and a middle aged man standing in the middle of the kitchen.

"Dalton, d-dad?" Amanda says and both men turn around to look at us. Amanda's dad turns to us, having the same Steele blue eyes as her and Dalton.

Quickly Amanda is running into the older gentlemen's arms. "My dear sweet daughter." He says trying his hardest not to cry. Eventually both Amanda and her father are crying. Dalton comes to stand by me, smiling at his family.

"I hate to be rude Ash, but do you mind?" Dalton says quietly and I nod. "Tell Amanda I'll text her later." I say before quickly going back over to my house. When I shut the door, Lauren and Harry are rushing down the stairs to see me. "Ash, mom is looking for you." Lauren tells me and I nod.

I go upstairs to find my mom crying in the bedroom. I go in to see my mother crying on he floor. She looks up to see me, holding back tears. "Ash, your grandmother passed this morning." She tells me and I go still.

My grandmother was an older lady who thought that my dream of being famous in a band, would come true. She had the same personality as me, we were a daring duo.

I go and sit by my mom, I comfort her until it's time for dinner. I let mum rest while I make dinner for Harry and Lauren. When dinner is complete, I let the two kids eat. They tell me about their day at school and what they've accomplished. I stay quiet letting them tell me what they wanted.

They eventually finished their meals, leaving me to do the dishes. I quickly do them before going up to shower and get ready for bed. By 10:30 I'm almost to tired to crawl over to Amanda's house. I open my window to see Amanda and Lincoln sitting in her bedroom working on the project. I silently close the window, making sure Amanda didn't know I was awake. I was lying awake in my bed, thinking of everything known to man.