Monochrome

~Three Months Ago~

"What do you mean you're leaving?!" Lucas barked at Victoria as she packed her bags. Her glare was hardened in a way he'd never witnessed before.

"Just what I said. I have a new destiny that I need to fulfill. Chimera and I are heading to Destection city." Victoria stated in a matter-of-fact tone. Her mind was made up. Ashton looked between them with concern but decided to linger by the doorway to avoid any backlash. Lucas was too riled up while Victoria was just too opposite, apathetic and placid.

She'd been that way for a couple days now after making such a blunt declaration to her father about becoming a bey wheeler. Now she was packing her bags and leaving despite her parent's wishes. Her mother was in a full fledged frenzy while her father was resigned stating that she was going to leave anyway whether they wanted her to or not.

"All we can do is lend our love and support." He told her tiredly. Lucas had spent the last couple of days in denial saying that Victoria would never leave and that this would pass over. It wasn't until he and Ashton had heard the maids whispering about Victoria packing her bags that they'd rushed upstairs only to discover that the rumors were true.

"Victoria are you even LISTENING to me?! What about us?!"

   Ashton's heart rammed against his chest as Victoria slammed the lid to her chest closed and slowly rose to her feet.

"What about us? There is no "us". All you're trying to do is hold me back. There's only one person I'm going to be listening to now and thats me. I don't need protection. I don't need a knight in shining armor. And I don't need you." Victoria's voice was dangerously calm but there was a distinct edge to it as she grabbed the latch of her chest and began to wheel it toward the door. Ashton noticed the lump forming in his brothers throat, the tears glimmering in his eyes as he watched her go.

"What did I do? Please tell me Victoria... my lady..." He breathed falling to one knee and lowering his head. She stopped, her body tense with a queer sensation as she forced herself to look back at him.

"Its not you Lucas... It's this world. It's men." She replied curtly. Ashton finally found his courage.

"My lady! If you're going to Destection city to face off with Team Estrella then we're coming with you!" He declared taking a step toward her. The glare he received in return almost made him retreat but he stood his ground somehow.

"I told you I don't need protection." She growled.

"Protection isn't what we're coming for. Have you forgotten that Lucas and I are also bey wheelers? We'll form a team and help you achieve your goal, whatever it may be. That is the duty of a knight." Ashton responded bravely. Victoria's eyes filled with curiosity. She didn't reply, but the lack of protest was enough for both boys to figure out that she wasn't against them tagging along.

"I have one question for you boys..." She piped as they stepped onto the bullet train and found their seats. Lucas was still downcast that she'd basically broken up with him earlier. However, his disappointment was cancelled out by the gracious feelings he had that she'd allowed them to tag along in the first place.

Ashton sat across from her briskly. His brilliant mind was working out the next steps of how this would play out. From the time he was young, he'd been able to talk to beys. It was a special gift that, to his knowledge, only he possessed. Was it because of his high IQ or some other higher power that had ordained his pure soul with the ability to be the link between man and bey? However, even with this power, there was one bey that, no matter how hard he tried, he could not connect with, could not converse with, and that was the dark bey literally attached to Lady Victoria at the hip.