Save Me From Myself

"And there you have it folks! Victoria pulls ahead to the semifinals with a flawless victory against Eve! Here's the current status of the tournament!" Dj hyped pointing to the screen. Out of all ten faces from both the teams only Dèvon, Victoria, Sho, Wilson, and Charlie's faces were still lit up. The other's faces were crosses out with X's and the backlights were dimmed.

"Let's take a 10 minute intermission and then get down to our final battle of the quarter finals!" DJ announced before his face disappeared.

"Ugh! I can't believe I lost! Chimera is like... on an entirely different level! She didn't even use her special move!" Eve groaned throwing herself at Devon's feet. Devon kneeled in front of her and patted her back sympathetically.

"You and Hornet did great, Eve! It couldn't be helped, but the final battle is about to start and Wilson is missing." She told her. Eve's eyes widened.

"Wilson is missing?" Se repeated before rolling her eyes, "I'll go get him. You guys stay here." She stated rising to her feet and taking off. She searched up and down the ground floor of the stadium for him. When she couldn't find him she wandered outside to the courtyard. It was only then that she spotted him talking to a girl in a wheel chair. Curious, she maneuvered as close as she could to eavesdrop on their conversation without being noticed.

"I just don't know if I can do it, Lila... We're not the same as we were before, and after what happened to you... Do I even have the right...?" Wilson sulked. Lila moved closer to him touching his shoulder with one hand and placing her other on top of his. Eve felt a slight tinge of jealousy before suppressing it. It's not like she had a slight crush on Wilson or anything. Plus, there was something about the way that Lila comforted him that seemed... sisterly.

"Wilson, I hope you don't think that I blame you or my brother for what happened." She stated softly but firmly. Wilson avoided her gaze. She forced him to look at her.

"I don't. I've never blamed either of you for what happened. It was an accident. Nobody could've known it would turn out the way that it did." She went on. Wilson buried his hands in his face.

"I just held this guilt for all these years. He's been hating and blaming himself when he should be hating and blaming me! If I could take all of that suffering from him and put it on myself I would." The boy reasoned. Lila sat there in silence and allowed him to mull in his emotions. Then finally she said:

"It appears that you already have."

Wilson's face left his hands and turned to look at her. She pat his head affectionately. Even though she was clearly younger, there was something about her demeanor and the kindness in her eyes that held wisdom beyond her years. She removed the brakes from her wheels.

"I'm trusting my brother to you. I know that if there's anyone who can dispel this darkness that's been hanging over him. It's you, and once you do, start coming over again. Our family misses having you around." She stated before disappearing inside the stadium.

Eve gazed down at her watch, only five minutes left before the start of the last match. Wilson trembled on the bench. He seemed like he had no intention of moving. So Eve pushed up her sleeves, snuck up behind him, and smacked the back of his head. He yelped and whirled around defensively.

"HEY--" When he saw it was her, his face flushed, "...You were listening the whole time, weren't you...?" He grumbled pouting. She couldn't hide the sly grin on her face.

"They don't call it evesdropping for nothing."She chuckled giving her pun time to stick. It did. Wilson forced a laugh out.

"Haha, very funny. Always sneaking around."