Bey Battling and Seashells

"MY BABY!" Nora sobbed as Leo and and the gang trudged into the house miserably. He was carrying an unconscious Dèvon on his back dreading having to face his mother but he knew he'd have to do it.

"Heheh! Hi mom..." He laughed nervously. Nora's jaw clenched tightly as she loomed over them menacingly. She snatched Dèvon from his back and walked upstairs grumbling with tears in her eyes. Leon's dad chuckled raising his eyes.

"We saw everything on tv..." He declared before his eyes wandered to Sho, "and I mean everything."

Sho's eyes lowered to the floor before Leo's father burst into boisterous laughter.

"I'm just joking with you kiddo! I remember when their mother and I fell for each other. Heheh... Young love." He smirked. Leon grimaced and Sho's blush deepened.

"Ew, gross dad! Lets go up to Dèvon's room guys." Leo groaned leading them upstairs.

Dèvon Fierce's room was not what you would expect from the average twelve year old girl. She had the biggest room of the house by far, but only because she begged her dad to renovate the attic. The first thing you saw when you walked in was the large sky lights on the ceiling that made you feel as if you could reach out and touch the stars.

At the far end of the room was a short staircase that led upward to a platform that held a round bed and a mini fridge. Down the stairs to the right was a little nook which held three book cases, a plush bean bag, and a small table. The book cases were filled to the brim with comics and vinyl records.

"Man.... I didn't even notice all this stuff last time!" Sho gasped.

"I know. It's like the ultimate secret base. Thats why Dèvon and I hang out up here!" Leon agreed.

"What about your room?" Jin frowned.

"Dèvon has way more stuff. Dad treats her like a princess. Look at that tv!" Leo complained pointing to a corner of the room where a flat screen tv along with two more bean bags and a game console resided.

"Leon, quiet down! Your sister is resting!" Their mother hissed as she laid her hand on Devon's forehead gently. She gazed at their daughter with pity that disgusted Leo.

"You guys act like shes so fragile. She told you she doesn't want to be treated like that! You need to stop babying her, mom." Leo argued. Their mother shot him a glare and opened her mouth to respond when she was cut off by Dèvon.

"Finally someone gets it." She mumbled opening her eyes slightly. Their mother's mouth closed and she huffed indignantly before removing herself from Dèvon's bedside.

"Fine then." She said in a monotone voice even though she looked hurt. She stalked out of the room. 

"She's so sensitive." Dèvon sighed shaking her head.

"She just can't accept the fact that we're growing up. When I scraped my elbow last week mom was all over it with a happy face bandaid. She took it too far though when she tried to 'heal it with mommy kisses'. I had to flee for my life!" Leo explained shuddering at the memory. 

Sho and Jin both chuckled before they all settled on Dèvon's bed. It was large enough to accommodate the four of them.

"So how're you feeling Dèvon?" Sho asked with concern as he kneeled next to her.

"Terra and I would've preferred something besides the electric fence." She joked dryly. Sho frowned guiltily and lowered his head.

"Sorry about that... Pegasus says he's sorry too." Sho noted looking at his bey. Dèvon's eyes flew open and she sat up. Maybe a little too fast. Something hammered inside her head giving her a rush of lightheadedness and forcing her back into the soft embrace of her pillows.